Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truckee River One-fly Tournament (OCT 1, 2011)

It sound like fun for those competing.

Just curious as to how big a deal this is going to be for those of us who fish both sides of the Stateline. We had planned to head over for a three day / two night trip, but if we're going to be contending with anglers competing, or an influx of more anglers than usual, we can easily change our plans and head in another direction.

Don't want to get in the way of someone's Hydros pay day.

Any idea as to how many competitors will be fishing and how large a group of non-competing anglers this event will draw?

Thanks for the clarification.
    Dave

Dave,

If I had the answers to your questions my life would be so much easier! Unfortunately, I won't know how many are fishing until Saturday at 9 am. Right now I only have 14 confirmed entries, but that could change, and it always does, on the day of the event. My understanding from a friend is that the BT on the CA side has been a mess, but I haven't heard anything about the NV side being crowded any more than usual. I think you could expect around 25 extra people on the river, but spread out over many miles. So, to answer your question: I don't think the tournament will have a huge impact on your trip as long as you stay away from the parks and the easy access spots. I wish I could be more help.

Thanks FFT,

We appreciate the heads up. There's always next time.

Best, Dave

Things to do:
    1) Cancel Truckee River Lodging Reservations.

2) Make Mt. Shasta / Dunsmuir Lodging Reservations.

3) Fish.

This was a great event! And a blast for sure! The torentual down pour the day before definitly had an impact on the fishing conditions. But all in all it was a fun event that made me a better fisherman for sure. Dont lose that fly

Thanks to the guys/girls that helped put this exciting event together.

Results anybody... biggest fish?
    got'a'boat (the man in the red pontoon)

it was a real slow day on the river w/ the rains....a lot of zero's in the tourney.

Mike C took first w/ an 18in brown.