Arrived about 9 am. There were three other tubers on the water. Once we got rigged we talked to them and while the lake population and key flies have changed since we fished it regularly a decade ago, the short strikes haven't. All the reports were about one fish landed for every three-four strikes.

I riggged my rod with our old standbys: a brown bugger behind a #16 Prince point fly. I rigged my daughter with a green bugger and a #16 copper john. Within two hours she had six or seven takes; I had two. This was supposed to be a "fish on" day for her, but we're still working on hook sets, line tension, slack, etc. She had some good action and was pleased enough to go again.

Around noon we switched to indicator nymphing, nothing. The only two hatches I noticed were some mammoth sized midges with white bodies, and some damsels. I switched to a single fly damsel nymph and within 10 minutes hooked and landed a beautiful broad shouldered Brown that went about three pounds with only 20" length. Great fish. Ten minutes later I landed a decent 15" 'Bow, hatchery stock. That was it for the day for us. Total of about ten strikes, two landed.

The population has changed. We've (three of us) probably landed 300 fish from Indian Creek over the years to 10 pounds with an honest average of 18" - 19" and this was my first Brown. One man reported bass in the lake--said he caught 27 so far this year and (good for him) killed them all.

The winning patterns seem to have drifted from the attractors/searching patterns to fairly accurate imitations. Watch the hatches closely but don't expect much surface action. We saw none. Try blood midges in large sizes, copper johns, damsels, etc.

Indian Creek is easy access, never crowded, and apparently still holds some nice fish. It's not the venue of years past but not bad with a decent variety of quarry.