Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught a hawk...

Good job man.

We had a similar situation when I was a kid. We lived out in the country and my brother had found a baby red tailed on its back trying to fend off attacking black birds. Not knowing where to look for somewhere to take him in. We actually took it in and raised it til it got to big to fly around the house. I use to catch frogs and lizards and let them go so he could catch em and eat them. He was actually a pretty cool pet. He got to the point where his wing tips were hitting the sides of the hallway in our house so we had to let him go.

It was a cool experience.

Wow! Can't believe how close it let you get. Nice work. That is a catch & release to be proud of!!

Default The Hawk

Excellent job!!! Looking forward to a follow up post....

Default Caught a hawk

Good job of saving this Imprinted, adult Red Tailed Hawk,from certain death.

Interesting how he turns his back when eating. Seems as though he was totally trusting of you. Great job!

Jay, you are frickin' awesome dude. If karma is real you earned a whole lotta points my friend.

I hope the rehab facility keeps you updated on his/her recovery.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Ya know, I was a little apprehensive about posting this story here cause it was so far off topic. I'm so glad I did! I am seriously blessed by everyones contribution to this thread. You guys are awesome!

Default Sea Gull

Sorry I wasted my time. What makes one bird more important than another wineslob?

Good for you, jbird.

Mike O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    One of your best catches ever jbird. Nice going. Looks to be a really young RT, maybe recently fledged. How does that pencil in your "Caught Log"?
    He can't write it in...he caught it on bait!!!

LOL

Seriously...good on ya for this. Have spent many an hour watching Swainson's Hawks circle and take grasshoppers and mice.