Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Caught a hawk...

Quote Originally Posted by fyshhead View Post
    Nice to here Jbird , that awesome! That would be sweet to film the release. Will they notify you for the day of release?
    When I first was dealing with this situation, they told me they typically like to release the bird at the location of capture. Hopefully thats the case. In any event, I hope to be present for the release and have asked if I could.

I was invited to the release of the bald eagle but couldn't do to work. Wish I made it. If anyone sees a bald eagle with an ankle tag flying around the lower yuba, that is her.

I was starting to lose hope. I hadent gotten replies or heard anything for quite a while. Then today I got this email...

Hello,

I am contacting you about a red-tailed hawk i believe we received from you for rehabilitation. The birds is in great health and ready to be released.
    We wanted to arrange its release with you. Please give us a call at ***-***-**** so hopefully we can set something up.

Thank you
    --
    Katie Farvour

Wildlife Rehabilitator
    Raptor Education Group Inc.

I cant describe how excited I am! I'll call them tomorrow.

Jay that is flat out fantastic news! I'm excited for both you and the hawk. It will be emotional for sure. Take some pics if possible.

Proud of you man.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    I was starting to lose hope. I hadent gotten replies or heard anything for quite a while. Then today I got this email...

Hello,

I am contacting you about a red-tailed hawk i believe we received from you for rehabilitation. The birds is in great health and ready to be released.
    We wanted to arrange its release with you. Please give us a call at ***-***-**** so hopefully we can set something up.

Thank you
    --
    Katie Farvour

Wildlife Rehabilitator
    Raptor Education Group Inc.

I cant describe how excited I am! I'll call them tomorrow.
    Very Cool!
    Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

Jay, congrats!!! That is so freakin cool. That would be sweet if they did the whole blindfold arm release and you were the one. Definatly get some video/ photos of that.

Very cool Jay! I hope you take advantage of that.
    What a cool experience
    Like others have said, take pictures for the rest of us.

-Paul

I called Katie at R.E.G.I. and she said they will meet me in Stevens Point with the bird (They have a meeting there Thursday) Its about the 1/2 way point between me and their facility. They are aparently going to give me the bird in a container to release as I wish. I said "Are you saying Im to do this solo?"....."Yup!" Seems a tad odd to me, but I am beyond stoked about it! I will recruit a few friends to be there so we can photograph the event. I'll report back with the final chapter of this story.

Awesome, is all I can say Jay!

Default bird

I am really looking forward to seeing the photos. Thank you for keeping us up to date. It's been a great read.