Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stillwater 101 with Scott #3 Wrights lake

Default Stillwater 101 with Scott #3 Wrights lake

Last week I continued my Lake and Float tube education with Scott and this week brought us to beautiful Wrights lake.

I arrived on Thursday and barely got a campsite took this shot and immediately headed out to check out the area. I drove to Gerle Creek about 45 min away as I heard they had browns up there. Fished for about 3 hours but got nothing along with a few bank anglers who wondered like I did why so many fish were jumping around us but we couldn't catch anything. Oh well there is always another day. On my way back to Wrights about 4 miles from the campground I saw 2 bears heading across the road. They looked as surprised as I was and took off before I could even find my camera.

The next morning at Wrights I awoke to a pretty scene but lots of wind.

I decided to go for a hike rather than fish considering Scott would arrive later and we could fish Wright's later.

I drove away from Wrights only to find Dark much calmer. I raced back to my campsite got my tube and set off. I caught 5 fish all planters and enjoyed my morning.

Later Scott arrived and we discussed how to fish in the wind and set out to see what we could do. I was neat to be out late and Scott missed a few and finally caught one. I caught one just before dark and we called it a day.

The next morning we set out to fish the back side of the lake. It was really beautiful with canals and reeds.

Scott LDR'd a couple but fishing was tough and a few clouds started to form.

We both had a new friend as we continued our efforts,

I got a bit jealous and I know he was asking Scott some secret information.

I finally got a bite unfortunately it was our new friend. Luckily it LDR'd and left us alone for the rest of the day.

It was time to take a break and eat some lunch and head back to camp. Luckily for us just as I got to shore a bolt of lightning flashed across the sky. Surmise it to say 2 hours later my tent was over a creek many campers were taking refuge under trucks and outhouses Scott and I enjoyed the scene in our waders and rain gear. I was able to dodge a few of Scott's snowballs as I hurriedly cleared a creek to save my tent then put everything in the back of my poor Echo and we enjoyed a PB&J before vowing to fish again soon.

Al in all another great time out on the water and thanks again to Scott who still hasn't gotten tired of all my questions. Amazingly as I was trying to thaw out my feet I arrived in Placerville a little later to find the temp at 94. September in California what are you going to do.
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

Another fun trip and camping in a tent, this time I had my new bigger tent and my super thick inflatable queen size mattress. I forgot how much I love camping in a tent, don't get me wrong I love my RV, but I still do enjoy the tent. I got to the lake about 6:00 with dinner in hand, so I pumped up the tube and we headed to the water, I still had dinner in my hand. We saw a few fish rising and tried our luck, it was going to be a tough night. So I kicked around and ate my dinner, eventually hooked up and lost one. But in the end we both got one. Following day brought sun, wind, sun, lightning real close, big monstrous thunder "my favorite", heavy downpour, and then the hail which was good enough for me to make hailballs to throw. All in all a great campout and I can't wait to get out again.

Now this is fishing, Shig recognize that delicious burrito, chips, and salsa!!!

This was dry minutes ago.

I love the rain!!!
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

When I get to old to go fishing I know that Scott will be going out there taking wonderful creative pictures and putting it up here so I can feel like I am out there again.

Thanks boys.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Surrounded by police in a hail of gunfire

very nice pics, what camera are you using?

Thanks guys,

Scott glad you took a photo of a fish mine were to to small to even brag about

gonefirefighting both of us use Pentax Optio's mine is a W80 not sure what model Scott uses. I would buy more of these if I new where to get them but I can only find the newer models now.
    Last edited by kokaneejr; 09-16-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Sp
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

Yum! That burrito will feed you for a whole weekend of camping!!

I can't believe they snubbed you so badly. I do have to agree that tent camping is cool. Surprised you got a site, but I guess school is back in session...

Maybe I can get out for a couple of hours after the kid's soccer game tomorrow. It's been a while since I drove up to a lake to fish.

_SHig

Surrounded by police in a hail of gunfire

surprising how well the point and shoots do these days. I am still on the hunt for a true water proof digital SLR

I use a 2 generation old Panasonic Lumix TS-1 and it takes shots that you could swear are from a DSLR. It's got great manual controls as well as idiot modes to keep it simple. Oh, and it's waterproof. The newer ones are even better!

I highly recommend them.

_SHig

The new Optio is sweet. I wish I could get it but my w30 does the job for now.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by gonefirefighting View Post
    surprising how well the point and shoots do these days. I am still on the hunt for a true water proof digital SLR
    Most pro-level dSLRs and lenses are water resistant, as in splash and rain proof. By pro-level, I am referring to cameras in the $4K+ range, and lenses in the $1K+ ranges. A bunch of companies make waterproof housings for just about any dSLR, even the entry level models. The better housings are quite pricey, however.

Unless you need the frame rate, focusing/response speed, or low-light performance, most of the better point and shoots willl be fine. Plus, the waterproof housings are cheaper for these types of cameras. This is assuming you won't be printing too many huge enlargements.