Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a 4-piece rod tube ASAP

Nicely done Moadiver !! Please shake his hand for all of us and thank him for his service.

RandyS

Quote Originally Posted by RandyS View Post
    Nicely done Moadiver !! Please shake his hand for all of us and thank him for his service.

RandyS

What Randy said. Good work fellas.

briansII

Even though I haven't met anyone on this thread, on behalf of all Vet's (and one myself) THANKS! You are all very kind.

Dan

Just now saw this...Nice work guys!

Mike O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RandyS View Post

RandyS
    Will do if poss, but I work at a high school, and rather than make him come find me, i am leaving it at the front desk.

Guys,
    I've been in email contact with the gentleman. In the email I initially sent him, I mentioned that I found out about his Craig's list post from this site. He has seen this thread. He wanted me to make sure I thanked everyone for their help.

He signed up for the forum but is still waiting for admin approval to post. Otherwise, he would have done it himself.

This thread is "way cool". Kudos to all that were involved.

There was one situation I recall reading about where an individual organized the collection of pre-owned golf equipment which was distributed to US Military personnel serving in Iraq and Afgan. I don't remember the criteria for distrubition, etc.

Nevertheless, I'm sure many of us have gear laying around collecting dust that certainly could be used by recent combat vets on Wounded Warrior fishing programs.

All we need is someone to spearhead the collection of and proper transfer of fishing gear.

How about an 8 hour tying marathon? Tie up a bunch of 'Buggers' for these folks to take on these fishing trips?

Good idea?

Unfortunately, I work on average 60+ hours a week, so I don't have time to organize, but I wanted to toss the idea out there.....

Default Organize

That is something I could do for the program, per the previous post by OceanSunfish. If there is enough interest, I would make the necessary contacts to find the right home for donated gear. And then set-up a collection point.

If there is someone who would like to work with me on this, it would be even better.

I live in the Sacramento area.

I could get into helping on this. I have a Redington Crosswater 5wt that I could donate.

Dan