Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a 4-piece rod tube ASAP

Default Need a 4-piece rod tube ASAP

I saw this on Craigslist Sacramento. I don't have an extra 4-piece rod tube, so I thought someone on this forum may be able to help:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/spo/2600152158.html

Just sent him an email. I have a bunch of aluminum tubes for 4 piece rods, the smaller trout size. They are not designed for the larger rods. I would say a 5wt or 6 wt would be the max.

Jay

You're the man Jay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    Just sent him an email. I have a bunch of aluminum tubes for 4 piece rods, the smaller trout size. They are not designed for the larger rods. I would say a 5wt or 6 wt would be the max.

Jay

But he's leaving on saturday and I know if I shipped from Fresno it wouldn't be there by Sat.
    Anyone in Sac have one available. If you have one and can get it to him, I'd give you a new aluminum tube for a 4 piece rod. Like I mentioned, I think the tube will handle up to a 5 wt 6wt could be pushing it

Jay

I'm an hour farther South than Jay, but would be willing to call the shop (kienes) and pay for one if somebody would pick it up and get it to this young man.

RandyS

Mike O Guest

Emailed him for his location specifics

Unitl I clicked on the craigslist link I could not understand why you guys were getting all working up over a %%$#@ rod case. Now that I have read the link I want to say I am proud of you all.

Several of my close friends, all Vietnam vets, are heavily involved with project healing waters. They say it helps them as much as it helps the guys they are supposed to be helping (if that makes any sense).

I live in citrus heights and let him know I got one for him but he has not gotten back to me
    got'a'boat (the man in the red pontoon)

Mike O Guest

done and done. he is coming tomorrow to pick it up from my work. I offered to deliver ( I live in Woodland), but he wanted to come pick it up.

Thanks for all you who offered to him. Does my heart proud.

Nice work guys!

Looks like I emailed him just a couple minutes too late. By the time I finished sending it, you guys already have him taken care of.