Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excessive Catch?

LOL JOH, i thought the same thing... pan frying ribeyes??????? Brians, sometimes I post to be funny as I would never whack em and stack em like that. I read the whole thread and they said they ate 10 and I hardly believe that too but who knows. Some of the pics could be the same fish but it does look like they kept a lot of them.

I keep 1 striper a year (22"-24" range) and maybe a couple of trout on the lower McCloud by the lake. I do dislike people posting pics all week long of fish they've been catching.... Reading the sniffer this one guy was keeping fish (stripers off the AR) almost every day. Although it's perfectly legal, with the fisheries the way they are I just can't condone it. Plenty of dead fish pretty cheap at the supermarket if you wanna eat some. Last year I did not keep any fish and all the fish we've caught this year have been CnR'd. Some people do not understand this mentality but if figure if I want to keep catching fish I can at least respect the fishery enough to know that now's not the time to be filling the freezer.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

There are all kinds of guides, just like people.
    Some are concerned with the environment, some consumer oriented.
    I guessing the latter in this case.
    One time I found the mother load of fish in a high lake. Every big fish in the lake was in the same spot. Could have pummeled them.
    We caught dinner (1 fish that size feeds two growing boys), and left the rest for you guys.
    Wish everybody did.......

Jim
    Last edited by bigfly; 09-09-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfly View Post
    There are all kinds of guides, just like people.
    Some are concerned with the environment, some consumer oriented.
    I guessing the latter in this case.
    One time I found the mother load of fish in a high lake. Every big fish in the lake was in the same spot. Could have pummeled them.
    We caught dinner (1 fish that size feeds two growing boys), and left the rest for you guys.
    Wish everybody did.......

Jim
    Jim I really doubt you found a lake with big fish sitting in the same spot. Can you please send me gps coordinates so I can verify this for myself.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Scott, I'd have to kill me if I did.....
    Seriously, it was during the infamous one fly tourney in 1980. Best friend and I almost came to blows over that one fly.
    Found 7-8 big goldens in a nameless lake at 11,000 FT. (that should narrow it down a little) a deep water point, everything else was shallow.
    Stacked up like......fish. I can still see'em. One was big enough to spool my buddy.
    Went back later, a horse pack trail led straight to the spot.......
    Lake seemed fish free....
    I guess that's why a bunch of Alpha class fish on stringer seems a little sad to me, and why I would eat the little ones..
    Last edited by bigfly; 09-11-2011 at 10:43 AM.