NOTHING LIKE GETTIN EVEN

For the second week in a row East Cape fishing has been very spotty with just a handful of billfish and dorado being landed each day. Yellowfin tuna have provided most of the action but have been elusive. The tuna have been found on porpoise schools from 15 to 50 miles off shore. Getting them to cooperate has been a trick. Sometimes they will bite and sometimes they have no interest. A couple days ago we trolled through a huge school of yellowfin in a feeding frenzy without a bump on our lures. We tried everything, I even broke out our kite and couldn't get them to go.

My long time fishing buddies Hank Forhing and John "JD"Davis came for a few days of fishing this week. Hank and I have been fishing together for more than 40 years. After a couple tough days of fishing yesterday, we did a little getting even. The tuna finally decided to go and we came home early with limits. We also released 3 sailfish one day but as luck would have it I forgot my camera.

A little rain is not going to slow JD down

Diego gets wet leadering JD's marlin

Hank with a nice yellowfin

I found this Mexican lookdown fish in our bait tank. It must have gotten scooped up with sardines we purchased

JD tops off his limit with a 100 pounder

Nothing like getting even with your fishing buddies after a couple of tough days

Most afternoons Jen Wren deck hand Diego has been able to catch a nice pargo on anchor while cleaning up.

Oh boy! This one is going to be a dandy.

Turned out to be a huge stingray.

Mark Rayor
www.thejenwren.com
www.vistaseasport.com
markrayor.blogspot.com