Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goloden Trout

Default Goldens

Get above 11,000 to find these
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0022.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	3526  

Default Or these . . .

Shot these a little over a week ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gt profile small.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	3527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rising under bubbles sm 22969.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	3528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goldens in bubbles  22970.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	3529  

Default pics

Ralph:
    I'm in love. That first trout just might be the prettiest ever. Hope it's a gal!
    Best,
    Larry S

Quote Originally Posted by Black Cloud View Post
    Get above 11,000 to find these
    I don't think we'll find that particular fish or the massacre that that party took out during their pack trip. Based on the tone and pride shown by that particular guy, you'll have to go QUICKLY to 11,000 to get any more before they're all gone...

Sad.

_SHig

[QUOTE=SHigSpeed;104426]I don't think we'll find that particular fish or the massacre that that party took out during their pack trip. Based on the tone and pride shown by that particular guy, you'll have to go QUICKLY to 11,000 to get any more before they're all gone...

...and probably head to Wyoming. That is one HUGE (and alas, dead...) golden. The record for the largest o.m. aguabonita comes from WY and not CA. Plenty of lakes up in the Wind River Range with these kind of trout.

--F.G. Dave
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

Okay, maybe I was a bit harsh... I'm sure that fish was caught legally, and who knows, maybe the lake is strongly self sustaining and whacking a handful of those beasts won't affect the fishery.

But something about boasting of limits of huge dead goldens rubs me the wrong way. Legal? Sure. But if everyone saw this person's public example and did the same in more sensitive waters it most certainly could be devastating...

Here's the background: http://imhooked.com/cgi-bin/forumsya...m=1313715834/0

Bill, if I'm out of line with posting the link, please take down this post.

_SHig
    Last edited by SHigSpeed; 09-05-2011 at 08:05 AM.

"What big beautiful fish! Quick! Kill it!!!!!"

Default ARGH!!

The fact that these fish were taken in CA bothers me even more! The Winds are much less traveled than Sierras and probably can handle angling pressure a lot better than the heavily traveled Sierra can. The fact that this guy took SO MANY large trout DOES INDEED DISTURB ME! It's not that I'm jealous of so many nice fish, good for him, but the fact that he had to KILL THEM is what bugs me so much!

Legal or not, this guy needs a lesson in limiting your catch, rather than catching your limit.

--F.G. Dave
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

BS Shig...you're right on. Someone get a rope. I might understand harvesting one for dinner & maybe a hero shot or two for nostalgia, but for crimmeny sakes man, WISE UP...those fish don't get like that overnight, & almost never.
    RFT

In case anyone is interested in NOT supporting this kind of crap, that guy is a guide on Tahoe.

He operates Blue Ribbon Fishing Charters. (530) 544-6552

I have taken this opportunity to turn a couple groups of guys away from his business.