Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goloden Trout

Default Goloden Trout

I live in Sacramento and am looking for somewhere "close" to fish for goldens. I'm not really to jazzed about driving all the way to hell and gone to find them, but my mind could pretty easily change on that one.

Any input is greatfuly appreciated.
    Giving up on catching fish, much better at catching the trees behind me.

You can get goldens within a couple hour drive of Sacramento. But you always gotta work for Goldens. They dont live in ugly places!

Jay,
    Would you by chance be willing to point me in the right direction for these beauties? I don't mind working for my fish or doing the research but so far all I have been able to find is that they are in Kern County.
    If you're not a fan of plastering it on the web please feel free to pm em.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    You can get goldens within a couple hour drive of Sacramento. But you always gotta work for Goldens. They dont live in ugly places!
    Couple hours drive, and a couple hours hike is more like it!

Doable, yes...

_SHig

If your looking for a heritage golden trout, then Kern county is where you want to go.

If you want to catch a golden trout the easiest way i found....take 120 to Tioga pass....Saddlebag Lake Rd. to Saddlebag Lake....take the ferry across the lake....take the trail to Lundy pass....Z lake is on a small hill on the left side of the trail...there is no trail to Z lake, just walk up the hill....from the ferry to z lake its only about 1/2 mile walk...also ask the ferry boat captain where you might find a golden trout.

I heard there's golden's in Raymond Lake as well as Cup lake and maybe even Saucer...Someone correct me plz if I'm wrong.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

I know a place you can drive to about 2.5 hours from Sac. Although I would probably get my family jewels cut off if I told other people where they are. The 20 lakes Basin behind Saddlebag Lake is probably the best common-knowledge place to catch Goldens.

Dan's right, I'd forgot to mention that area too. Any further info could be punishable by flogging or death .
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

The San Joaquin River between Agnews meadow and Devils Postpile, more than a two hour drive from Sac but you don't have to hike in.

Thanks for all the info guys. It is very much appreciated, and once I make my way up to hunt for these things I'll be sure to share my pictures and stories with you all.