Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get a fall Steelhead trip planned soon!!!!

Default Get a fall Steelhead trip planned soon!!!!

October is the big month for many of us who enjoy "Greased Line" Steelheading.

This means classic methods of fly casting with a floating line, a tapered leader and a light winged classic fly swinging in or near the surface.

We do this "swinging" in the surface during low light level early and late in the day and any time in the shade or during overcast situations.

With the sun on the water in the fall we use a medium sink-rate sink-tips or sinking Poly/Versi leaders.

With the popularity of fly fishing for Steelhead with two-handed fly rods, our classic methods of swinging flies for Steelhead is on a big upswing now.

We like to fish the Klamath, Trinity, Rogue, Umpqua, Deschutes and Grand Ronde Rivers in the fall.

Call, email or come in to talk about helping you set up a nice trip this fall.

We can recommend multi-day float trips or daily fly fishing guides who use mostly classic methods with two-handed and single-handed fly rods.

From November on, through the winter, it will normally get colder and we use sink-tips and weighted flies all day long.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

We have the largest inventory in California of products for Steelheading, especially for two-handed fishing....

We have an Online Spey Store plus we ship out phone orders anywhere in the USA.

www.KienesSpeyShop.com

We are open every day and have a toll free USA phone number.

1-800-400-0359
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

have a few short Klamath trips planned over the next several weeks then Bruce, Don and I are headed back to fish the Clearwater for a few days then do the Grand Ronde float with Scott, Mike and Ed again - last week in Sept

Getting all the spey/switch gear ready to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick J View Post
    have a few short Klamath trips planned over the next several weeks then Bruce, Don and I are headed back to fish the Clearwater for a few days then do the Grand Ronde float with Scott, Mike and Ed again - last week in Sept

Getting all the spey/switch gear ready to go!!!
    Rick

buy your washington Liscence on line before sept 1 st the Non resident liscence is going to go up to 82 bucks from 48 and change.

Also make sure you get the vehicle use permit that comes with it. They are cracking down on people that dont have it displayed. My friend got a 105 dollar ticket for not haveing it in his window.
    Last edited by shawn kempkes; 08-12-2011 at 07:28 PM.

My major trip will be to Oregon for my 30th bday. Ill be spending a week or more on the North Umpqua for my 30th this yr starting on Sept 18th (my bday). Any idea what the cost is for a non res up there for a week or so lics. Is there any other passes or anything else I may need. Ill probably hit the Owyhee on the way home or up there to experience a mini Alaska for brown before they start spawning as well.

Any info on lics and fees would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bclem81 View Post
    Any info on lics and fees would be awesome.
    Not to be a dick, but you can't google "Oregon non-resident fishing license?"

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources...rt_fishing.asp

Default Oregon License

Here is the info I got from my FF clubs flier on a Rogue River trip they are planning in October:

FISHING LICENSE: $16.75-1 day, $31.50-2 days, $46.25-3 days. Available in advance via FAX or mail at Oregon Fish and Wildlife, www.dfw.state.or.us/ or at the Fishin Hole if their computer is up. Suggest advance purchase.

Thanks NCL.

Hey Jed not to be a dick but PM SENT
    Last edited by bclem81; 08-13-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Shawn,
    I expect we will just be buying a 4 day licenese for Washington for the Grand Ronde float - mainly be fihsing in Idaho and maybe Oregon.

Can you explain the vehicle use permit? What is that for? Our vehicles will be shuttled to the take out. If we are fishing on our own what is this for?

Will you be over that way this fall?

Rick it is the sticker that you borrowed from Shawn last year when we floated with him and you forgot to give it back!
    Fishing is always good, the catching may not be.

[QUOTE=Rick J;103355]Shawn,
    I expect we will just be buying a 4 day licenese for Washington for the Grand Ronde float - mainly be fihsing in Idaho and maybe Oregon.

Can you explain the vehicle use permit? What is that for? Our vehicles will be shuttled to the take out. If we are fishing on our own what is this for?

Will you be over that way this fall?[/QUOTE

Rick

All wdfw boat ramps and access sites require you to have the VUP displayed in the front windshield of your vehicle. Its free when you buy an annual liscence. The year liscence is good until April 1 st.

The state just initiated a fee structure on all dnr,wdfw,and state parks for day use called the discover pass. You can read about it here.http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/discoverpass/
    In a nutshell you will have to buy the discover pass ($35.00)if you dont have a annual liscence.

They also just changed the fee structure on liscences http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/license_fees.html

You can no loger buy a 4 day liscense.

So it will be cheaper for you to buy your liscences on line before sept 1

I am trying to sneak away to the Skeena at the end of Sept.