Thread: Martis Lake

Default Martis Lake

I know that gas motors are not allowed on Martis Lake - does anyone know if electric (trolling) motors are allowed?

Thanks-
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by koffler View Post
    I know that gas motors are not allowed on Martis Lake - does anyone know if electric (trolling) motors are allowed?

Thanks-
    Jason
    I believe it's no motors period. It's small, you shouldn't need one in a pram, tube, or pontoon.

_SHig

Hi Jason,

From the Corps of Engineers website "No motorized (gas or electric) boats are permitted."

We last fished it on 7/15/'11 and did pretty well, the lake was in much better shape than we'd expect for that late in the season. The water was still quite cool, but the weeds were getting thick.

By now, think Push Pole. Actually, ( for the sake of the fish ) we won't fish it again until after the opener in 2012, but we'll be hitting a lot of the area lakes from now until the first snows fly.

Dave

Hey Dave - The information is much appreciated. Trying to line up the fall trips as it takes alot of coordintion w/ family, travel plans, etc. Wanted to fish Martis late October'ish so was pre-planning. Thanks fior the heads-up.

Thanks-
    Jason

Koffler, if I had to choose a spot for Oct. It would be Stampeed, or Boca. (Campsites still availible at Boca.)
    Much better fishery that late in the season. Much bigger (and more) fish!
    Martis is not what it used to be.
    Lake level is very low, weeds are very high.
    Other than a big brown lurking near the dam, it's kinda slim pickings.
    Small boat or tube will work, but afternoon wind may require an anchor to hold in a good spot. I often "row and tow" for that brown......

Jim
    Last edited by bigfly; 08-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.