Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any word on the Carson?

Maybe amoeba needs a guide! Has he even fished it this year as I have with friends. Has he even seen the water. I am sorry you are not able to catch fish at these flows, all the better for those that can.

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    EC just dropped under 300. That's still about triple the median for this time of year. It's probably worth trying if you are in the area, but the conditions aren't gonna be great. Honest.

1-2 hookups would be an optimistic scenario. I would leave the junk (lead, nymphs, bobbers) at home, and toss grasshoppers, orange/yellow stims in #8-10, during the day, and #16 or smaller cahills in yellow or cream at dusk.
    Dude, you must really suck at fishing, because my brother in law who slaps the water constantly, can barely fish, still can rape and pillage up there, all day long!

Tons of hook ups, big bomber stockers, and lots of them. dumb, recently planted fish, lowering water levels, moderate temps make for excellent fishing.

Any access point along 4 will produce. Literally.

Default East Carson Planters

Fishing the East Carson is fun, but you should put an asterisk on your catches.... As mentioned above many of the big fish are planters.... Even well below the bridge down to the guide wire... The fish will float down from Pleasant Valley and in recent years from the plants by Alpine County.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0712.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	3416