This has been as crazy a season as I can ever remember. In the springtime we were catching fish that normally don't show here until summer. Wahoo, huge tuna and sailfish were plentiful. Now should be big tuna time but most tuna landed are in the 30 to 60 pound range. Don't get me wrong. They put up a battle and are fun to catch but not the trophy of a 100 plus pounder. This should also be blue marlin season but they have manage to elued me.

I fish a lot of days in a year and have been out there constantly. I haven't even seen a blue marlin this season. Haven't even been near another boat with one on. Admittedly, anglers whom we have had out wanted to focus on other species, so we haven't only targeted the blues that many days. We have spent a lot of time fishing in the zone on the high spot off La Ribera and the canyon off Punta Pescadero where the big blues roam. It is also not uncommon to hang a big blue marlin in schools of tuna. So far not for me. The La Paz Gold Cup is coming up the first week in September. I know they will bite sooner or later and am happy waiting until then.

Early this week we had some guests from Guadalajara staying at Palmas de Cortez that were here to visit their family in Los Barriles. Jorge and Jacob both landed their first marlin ever on Jen Wren III.

Bill Potter of Stuart, Florida with his family found outstanding fishing. Sailfish, tuna, dorado, roosterfish and pargo kept Bill, his father in-law Joe and sons in constant action.

Jorge with is first marlin

Quadruple hook up for the Potter family

The Potter's show off some nice yellowfin

Diego wishes he could of come up with this one in last weeks tournament

8 year old Willy and 11 year old Ryan "Ryno" Potter with one of many dorado they landed

Even little Addison got in the action on her 4th birthday

Willy lands his first rooster fish

This pargo gave Ryno a battle

On the hook clean up at the end of the day Chuy's nephew Roberto and Jen Wren deck hand Diego managed to land a nice dinner.

Mark Rayor
www.thejenwren.com
www.vistaseasport.com
markrayor.blogspot.com