Thread: Jay's Vimeo

Thumbs up Jay's Vimeo

If you want to get those juices going again watch Jay's new vimeo about fishing La Vantana. I know there are a lot of guys here that have been out with Jay and this definitely is a good example of an average day there with a few "hero" shots thrown in as well.

One scene though shows a guy really bent on a 50lb. yellowfin and ends up breaking his rod before getting the fish into the boat. I hope he wasn't planning on using that rod as his first choice for fishing there. Sometimes big fish just come buy unexpectedly and you cast with whatever rod you have in your hand.

Here's Steve Purpura hooked up to a stripped marlin last year. He landed and released this fish with his 9 weight also.
    TONY
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Hey Tony,

We were actually chasing dorado at the "88". We had dorado and skippies busting the surface. Skippies up to 12lbs on a 9 wt is not a problem. But it's when those YFT decided they wanted some of that action is when the game changed. I was spooled by a tuna who decided "game over for Murakoshi". I was using the TiCrX 9wt. I've landed 45lb dorado, big skippies and jacks, along with the roosters. But in the salt water environment ya just never know what's going to eat. I can't wait until October, I'm going to get even You know the game, you've been there and done it
    Next years group is looking even better

Jay