Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two week hall pass

Default two week hall pass

So my wife and kids are out of town for two weeks and I have been taking full advantage...all i have to say is drop what you are doing and go fishing. I am not a big fan of detailed "you should go to river x and fish fly y" reports but lets just say I am on a 7 day 7 different river run right now and I have been putting up some numbers that are stupid (Bjornian numbers...any old NCFFB trolls will understand). Anyway, get to norcal with a 5 wt and bucket full of flies and go berzerk...it is that good....springtime in august good...i have 7 days left on the hall pass...not sure what my next move is.
    Last edited by huntindog; 08-02-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Well, not knowing where you've been I'll offer the following suggestions even though I haven't been to some of these yet this year. Clarks Fork, Arnot Creek, Disaster Creek, Wolfs Creek, Clavey River, Levitts Meadow, Kennedy Meadows, Lyell Fork, Dana Fork, how's that for starters?
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Default Bjorn

Wow...I haven't heard that expression in a long time. I'll raise a glass to Bjorn tonight. He's a good man. (And congratulations on your success. It is indeed a great time to be streamside!)

Quote Originally Posted by k9mark View Post
    Well, not knowing where you've been I'll offer the following suggestions even though I haven't been to some of these yet this year. Clarks Fork, Arnot Creek, Disaster Creek, Wolfs Creek, Clavey River, Levitts Meadow, Kennedy Meadows, Lyell Fork, Dana Fork, how's that for starters?
    i was a little north and west of these streams....mt shasta looked great i may have to head that way...i was sort of thinking about going further north and further west for this weekend...i hear there might be a steelhead to be caught

Quote Originally Posted by jcsesica View Post
    Wow...I haven't heard that expression in a long time. I'll raise a glass to Bjorn tonight. He's a good man. (And congratulations on your success. It is indeed a great time to be streamside!)
    definately agree regarding bjorn

Bjornian numbers. HA! Is he still around?

Default Bjorn?

The last I heard he was living in Placerville and was a new dad, so imagine that his youngin' is his priority right now.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/

"Bjornian numbers...any old NCFFB trolls will understand"....LOL. Boy that brings back some memories.

Too funny.

EO

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy (Dave) View Post
    The last I heard he was living in Placerville and was a new dad, so imagine that his youngin' is his priority right now.
    bjorn is live and kicking in San Jose...but he may get a flyrod in his hand this weekend... he does have a flyfishing/bonefish related blog out there

http://bonefishonthebrain.com/

Good for him. I heard that having a kid does change things slightly. Whatever happened to Phil Fischer. He always gave the best reports and pictures