Thread: One more question

Default One more question

Heading to Belize tomorrow night and was wondering if anyone has experience with carrying on fly line, leader material, and salt water flies?
    I went onto TSA and it says nothing sharp but then recommends to carry on fragile things like flies.??????
    So whats the best way to go, risk loosing your bags and having no gear for a couple of days, or risk them not letting you carry these things on.
    Thank you and for your efforts I will try to put together a nice report including pics when I get back.
    got'a'boat (the man in the red pontoon)

Never had any trouble carrying those things on. Coming home has been a different story. Foreign countries seem to be more fickle about carry on items.

Just got back from Cancun and had no issues carrying my rods, reels, leaders, & lines on. And I even got selected for the random TSA bomb check. They opened everything, closely scrutinized all my gear, and only said, "man, you sure got some nice gear there". Checked my flies though.

Never a problem from the US to Belize. Coming back they have made some of my group go back and check things but this happens only rarely. I just check everything so I don't need to worry about anything.

Thanks everyone I feel more confident about carrying on my my gear.

I would definitely check at least some flies - if they take your flies you are screwed!!!! I always check flies

Default thanks all

just got back all went well I will have a report soon