Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad situation......buying the wrong "stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene View Post
    I know you are all tired of hearing about my 45 years of selling fishing tackle in Sacramento but...
    Here's something you can't get at the big box stores...

Bill you are right of course. The lowest price isn't always the best value. The first rod I bought on your suggestion was a Sage 5wt LL 2 piece Staggering price of $ 220.00. One of the best purchases I ever made. It's tough to beat quality.
    I swear I'll be home by noon this time!!

Default Kiene shop

dBrosier:
    Ditto what you said. Thanks to Aaron and Andy for setting up and shipping out
    a St Croix switch rod with reel and lines. Big winds in Michigan limited my
    stream time with the rod. Hope to have at it again in September. Can't think
    of a big box store that offers service like that.
    Larry S

Default Funny you mention it.....

Bill I was one of those dummies that got took at the big 5, and after I got so pissed off I was gonna throw the junk in the river, I went to your shop. I know you don't recall it, but you took one look at what I had shook your head and helped me anyway...

two days later got my first half-pounder on that crap, and then went back in and bought some decent gear from you guys...

Class act all the way...

I see this as a weekly occasion through my schools... If I see one more foam handle rod with 3 guides and a level line with a 4 foot piece of level mono as a leader sold as a "beginner kit" I'm quitting as an instructor! Do yourself a favor and go to a "real" full service pro fly shop and decrease the time and frustration that it takes you to learn and begin fishing sooner and enjoying the sport. Pro shops like Kiene's are here for a reason and Bill has survived all the economic downfalls (20% of all fly shops in the U.S. have closed in the last 4 years and in the next two years another 20% are expected to close their doors), because he is true in his customer service and passion for the sport. I should know, I've known him since 1984 and been involved in almost every aspect of this industry and there's no one I've ever met as genuine as Bill Kiene! I liked his personality so much when I met him that I'm honored to still be associated with him, (they just cant get rid of me).
    Thanks Bill for everything! JP
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

Damn you Bill Kiene! You sold me a broken rod, a line that had been out in the sun for two years...then stuck me with some twenty year brand of mono that I never heard the name of...then gave me the number to a hooker who gave me the clap! She was fat too.
    I now only go to the big box stores. No more Kienes!!!
    If any of you believe my nonsense, it is nonsense. I love the boy and his dedication to service and honesty. Poor bugger has put up with me for decades, a job I can't even do. Billy, love ya' brother.

Geller,

Tell them about the time I sent you on a trip "about an hour" over to Indian Valley Reservoir.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........