Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N.F. Feather

Mike O Guest

I guess if one sees these folks dredging in the river, get to a cell tower and call
    1 888 DFG-CALTIP(888 334-2258 ) and bust the crap out of them

Mado - Yep and you can get reception all over the place down on 70. Make the call gentlemen, I have the number in my phone for just such occurences. Protect our water.

Anyone visit this weekend and care to share a report?

Quote Originally Posted by royewest View Post
    Anyone visit this weekend and care to share a report?
    OK, I'll answer my own query! The low-flow seems pretty much over now - perhaps more skilled fishers will find good fish. Wandered up to Pulga and the flows remain mysteriously low -- lower than this time last year. Good fishing. Didn't go higher -- too hot!

Looks like I'll have to hit the Pulga section this weekend. As you can see from my pics from nearly 2 weeks ago, it really wasen't fishable, no matter how much I wished to be.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

Watch the flows. I don't know why Poe wasn't releasing the promised 1K cfs, but that's what the PG&E guy claimed was coming and spoke to the volume of water in Almanor and through the system as the reason.

Anyone visit the NF below Caribou this weekend?

I messed around 1 day some ways below caribou but upstream of Pulga: rock, cresta, bucks, poe, storrie, etc. etc. High water by my standards; tho fishable in select spots, very difficult wading - and far more time clambering down and finding a place where you could theoretically get into position where one could cast, than casting or catching.

Not especially safe activity, but nymphing did produce a large fish - that was it. Got the feeling there's more out there, and would be caught if the flows were more manageable.

Though no other fishermen seen, there are boaters, swimmers, and so forth. No evening hatch/surface activity when I went.

I fished below Poe Powerdam. Flows are near "normal" and nice fish from 8" to well over 2lbs were to be had. Golden Stones worked well.

Got the feeling there's more out there
    I've had fish on in all parts of the NF that neared 5 lbs. There are monsters out there.
    Last edited by wineslob; 07-11-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.