Thread: Pit River/ Hat Creek/ Baum, etc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pit River/ Hat Creek/ Baum, etc

Spent the last week in Burney; here's a quick high level overview - please don't shoot the messenger; none of this should be a surprise:

- Contradicatary to reports the Pit flows are good; river color is tannish to dark green (read mildly off-color) - all my fishing was in PH #3. I fished it the mornings of June 14, 15, and 16 from rougly 6:30am to 9:30 - tons of flies lossed per session but an average of a fish an hour. Top fish was 18"+ on a stone.

- Fished Hat @ carbondale on June 15 and 16 around 4:00 for 2 hours or so each day, far from optimal; don't have alot of history to compare it too as I've only fished it 8 or so times but flows were very managelabe. A few caddis and yellow stones each day flying about. I elected to fish salmon fly dries and landed 2 fish w/ 2 missed over 4++ hours on @ McSalmon - no fish larger than 14".

-- Looked @ Baum; still a decent # of folks fishing the currents and saw a couple nice fish landed by lure folks.

-- Fished Burney Creek a few days, lots of planters to be caught. We've been there every year for the past 7+ years at around the same time and the falls have never looked nicer. Will try and attach a picture from the wife's camera later tonight.

-- Lake Britton is busting at the seams with crappie. Brought up the large fry-daddy and cooked them using the generator - can't beat it.

Jason
    Last edited by koffler; 06-20-2011 at 09:40 PM.