Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Red Hot

...LOL....We have had SO MANY phenomenal days on pyramid when there isn't a drop of wind and not a cloud in the sky.

Here's another report to take your petulance up a notch.......Another buddy called me last night. Yesterday He hit 5 buckets and fished between them working in an out between 10 foot of water to 30 feet deep, motoring along the shoreline with his electric. Basically same thing we do. 33 fish to the boat, 3-5 pound average with a 7lber and one large fish broken off. Throwing basic black buggers with an 8wt/shootinghead. I asked him IF he caught any of those fish within casting distance of shore and he said at least half a dozen were well within wading fly casting distance of shore.

The reason he caught fish???? He covered a bunch of water. I met JAY FAIR in 1990. He'd always drive over to me when he saw me to share how he was doing and to see how/what I was doing. I don't know how many times he has said to me...."""If you aren't catching anything in 15-20 minutes or so,,,,,,move to another spot and go looking for fish because there aren't any fish where you're fishing""". Eagles like to grab bugs...they aren't picky(for the most part) Same thing applies to Pyramid and cutts. They aren't picky(for the most part) they will eat 6" spoons, jigs, plugs, swim baits, wooly buggers etc. If you are sucking ass fix what you are doing wrong and quit blaming it on lousy fishing/lousy fishing conditions. The fishing isn't lousy, it has been an OUTSTANDING spring season and it is still going strong. I'd bet dollars to donuts it is because you drove to the water, Pulled out your ladder, And flailed away for endless hours in the exact same spot. MAYBE,,,,maybe you loaded up and drove to another beach not really knowing where to be and then did the exact same thing standing in one spot wondering why the heck you aren't catching any fish. So essentially you fished 2 spots all day. Covered maybe what 100 feet of water at best. I see it all the time with ladder guys standing in the same spot all day @ the nets or pelican or where have you and not catching jack and wondering why they aren't catching. It's comical. My buddy dave yesterday fished 200 times that with all the water he covered with the electric.

You are whining it is too sunny and not windy. Same shit happens at eagle. What happens there is in the morning crack of dawn the fish are in tight to shore. Sun comes up and it ends up being nice and calm without a drop of wind. The fish have simply gone deeper. They have moved from maybe 2-8 feet deep to 10-20. So you have to go after them there. If you are wading the shoreline you can be shit out of luck. Same for Pyramid. If you plant your ass on a ladder and can't get out to the deeper water 15+ to the dropoffs and ledges you may be shit out of luck. If you stand in one spot all day like the rest of the sheeple you are shit out of luck. At least WADE the shoreline that will help if you don't want to tube and you don't have a boat. But don't blame the fishing for your shitty skills. If you aren't catching you are doing SOMETHING WRONG. Because the fishing has been beyond stellar for plenty of folks. This has been one of the BEST SPRINGS I have ever experienced.

Just because YOU guys are doing lousy out there doesn't mean the fishing is slow for folks that know how to fish the lake.

envy, jealousy, petulance towards others success.....that will put the stink on your fingers.......then you'll catch even less.

Correct what you are doing wrong.
    Good Luck

....I am done with the wankers and naysayers that can't fish.

Here's some more folks that have been banging some fish and a few double digits.
    http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23648
    Yeah that really sounds like it sucks catching 11 and 12 pounders....
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 06-15-2011 at 05:40 PM.