Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hackle prices

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    How is cabela's not selling to women who walk in the store and grab hackle off the wall and walk to the register?
    They would not sell the cape to my MiL, only her boyfriend. I believe the cashiers are told what to do.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

I got lucky finding a Black, as a friend of mine was in Cabelas (Reno) and saw that they had capes (they won't sell to women) and picked me up a black #1 for 25 bucks.

WOW. Seems like the big C would be leaving themselves open for a discrimination suit from a disgruntled salon owner with a good attourney. Word in the industry, at least from the Metz contracted ranchers, is that the production vs. demand issues we're seeing now will be stabilized in 2 years.

In the meantime, I'm hand picking through my saddles now and headed to flea-bay. Really, how many purple and olive wolly buggers do I really need?