Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hackle prices

Default Hackle prices

I guess they have gone up in price?
    I have not had to buy new hackle for years so I am not aware of prices.
    However I have a chick on my facebook friends and she is a beautician or whatever you call it. She used to have a hair cutting place up at tahoe City where she would take care of me.
    There is tons of jabbering between these beauty salon broads about 'Plummage" and I now see pics of dyed purple or whatever hackle. and them wanting more, and where is my order, and what color can I get, blah blag blah.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Plumag...53362554711552

you know how women will spend any amount of $$$$ on beauty products, I can see how this would be killing hackle prices. I bet they will sky rocket if they haven't already.

Spread the word, "the dying process does not remove or kill the fungal spores, fecal matter, or mites in the feathers." Beware of what you put in your, or your daughters hair.

I guess there's more than one way to raise hackles.

Bird Flu. Nuff said!

Funny you mention that.......

I was in the Eureka Flyshop the other day and in walks two young women looking for the long skinny strands of grizzly hackle. The owner, Mike, said he was all out. He told me after they left that some lady came in two weeks ago and plopped down $7,000 cash.....yes thousand.......on hackle feathers and other stuff for beauty aids. Nearly cleaned out the whole store!

He said now every time he makes a new order with Whiting or whoever, the prices are double from the previous order. Which eventually comes out of our pockets.

Must be nice.........to have that kind of money.

Sincerely,
    Jack Klompus

I hope the fly shops see their business plummet on feathers as they sell out the reasonably priced feathers to this fashion trend.

Somebody has to be punished for not standing up for us.

Anyone in the market for kidnapped genetic chickens? I'm making a run to china tonight. Only kidding.

I wonder if these girls knew the living conditions of the chickens, if they would still by the feathers. Arn't they vegetarians or vegans? Who knows a PETA person? Can we "sick" PETA on this trend?

Mike in Eureka only has a few years left. From what I hear he should be out business. He has some good material in there. Lets hope he sold all of his 20 year old feathers.....

P.S. Mike has told some outright lies to both me, and more than four people that I know.(He dosen't know we all know each other). I wouldn't be suprised if he sold his feathers on ebay for $300 a cape like everyone else is doing at fly shops(a guy at Lelands). How about you Kiene's guys? Are you buying capes and selling by the feather?
    Last edited by FlyReelFisher; 05-25-2011 at 11:19 AM.

My girlfriend has em
    My brothers girlfriend has em
    our best friends wife has em
    I think they look ridiculous
    The ones my g/f have in her hair are PERFECT for tying.

Stock up now cuz this trend will likely go on for another 8 months

Quote Originally Posted by FlyReelFisher View Post
    I hope the fly shops see their business plummet on feathers as they sell out the reasonably priced feathers to this fashion trend.

Somebody has to be punished for not standing up for us.

Anyone in the market for kidnapped genetic chickens? I'm making a run to china tonight. Only kidding.

I wonder if these girls knew the living conditions of the chickens, if they would still by the feathers. Arn't they vegetarians or vegans? Who knows a PETA person? Can we "sick" PETA on this trend?

Mike in Eureka only has a few years left. From what I hear he should be out business. He has some good material in there. Lets hope he sold all of his 20 year old feathers.....

P.S. Mike has told some outright lies to both me, and more than four people that I know.(He dosen't know we all know each other). I wouldn't be suprised if he sold his feathers on ebay for $300 a cape like everyone else is doing at fly shops(Will at Lelands). How about you Kiene's guys? Are you buying capes and selling by the feather?
    Walter, get a life. Stop bitching or we'll ban you...again. I'm tired of hearing it.

Why do you post questions that you already know the answer to?

Good riddance.