Hey guys I hope all of you are getting some fishing. I just frustratingly had a cancellation for Wednesday, May 25 and Thursday, May 26 this week. Anyone that wants to get out on the river I will do a full day trip at my half day cost of $275. This is going to be my last discounted days from now until probably December. Let me know asap by email at ryan@rjsflytrips.com if you want to fish in the next couple of days. Below is a quick report of what the fishing has been like the last week.

Lower Sac: The fishing has been solid with most days resulting in 20+ fish being boated. The fishing around Anderson has been really good for trout in the 12-17" range. While the fishing up in Redding has been hit and miss. I had a great day from Posse to Bonny on Sunday with 28 rainbows to the net and a 22'', 2 21", and 1 20" fish in the mix. But then I had a good friend do the same drift yesterday and I guess it didn't fish as well. So it seems like the fishing around Anderson right now is more consistent but the bigger fish are up river. Hot flies have been rubberlegs, sucker spawn, mercers pmd, and small pheasant tails.

Yuba: I fished the Yuba yesterday with the flows fluctuating from 5,500 cfs to 7,000 cfs throughout the day. The fishing was extremely technical as the water is up in the bushes. Even with the high water we managed to scratch out a few fish. We ended up floating from 20 bridge down to Sycamore twice. The first pass we hooked 10 rainbows and then the second 5. Not a bad day when you hook 15 on the Yuba. But it was demanding fishing as most of the fish were on the bank next to or behind the bushes. It felt like I was fishing in Idaho to be honest. My word of caution is not to float the Yuba unless you are an extremely experienced rower. There are a handful of spots that can do a lot of damage to a boat if not handeled correctly!!!!

Tight Lines!