Thread: Spring

Default Spring

After a record snow and heavy winter , 145-220 % of normal snow pack in Utah ( GLOBAL WARMING YA RIGHT LOL ) but spring is final here and all that snow is melting . Today i had a chance to get out with my Lab in my new boat . The rivers are at or above flood stage right now . Don't see the rivers being fish-able for a while . I love having a boat even if its just going for a ride with my Lab . The 8 HP Evenrude 2 stroke has worked out great on my Yamaha 1442 G3 Jon Boat , lightweight and plenty of Hp , starts every time with 1 pull . I am still using the Kodak Playsport HD camera , very nice camera IMO .

http://www.youtube.com/user/rgkempton#p/u/2/2b5aKiave1k.
    Last edited by RobK.; 05-18-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks Rob......video is so cool.

A boat like that can really change someone's fly fishing experience.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene View Post
    Thanks Rob......video is so cool.

A boat like that can really change someone's fly fishing experience.
    Its been a blast already , and i have yet to fish or hunt out of it !!

I plan on using it a lot this year , already been out in it three times in the last week. I just got back minutes ago from going up the Bear river today . The bear is a deep slow moving river that runs through the Cache Valley area from Idaho . I saw tons of geese , ducks , a few pelicans and a couple weasels or ? i though they were river otters at first , I am down loading a 20 minute video of the ride on You tube . Its going to take a 1 1/2 to download . SLOWWW !!! The only part of the ride that concerned me was a bridge right below the boat ramp. with the river at Flood stage there was only 20-25 ' clearance .The next bridge up river had 4 '' so i and to turn around and head back down river . My Motors has never stalled on me , so i was not too worried but i still kept the boat close to the bank as i left the ramp and returned , if my motor died i jump out in the shallower water if needed . One of these days i would like to take a over nighters and run up river as far as i can go . I bet i could go 30 -40 miles or more . I need to get a battery for my electric motor for back up .