Thread: Carp Fishing in Sac?

Default Carp Fishing in Sac?

Hi , Does anyone have some recommendations for some local lakes to flyfish for carp?
    Looking for places that could be fished from shore or with a float tube around Sac and Roseville are. Thanks Mike

Thumbs up Carp'n....

There's always Folsom Lake. Try any cove in the back part of the lake or places like New york Creek. They'll be up in the recently flooded shallow areas where the roots or brush/vegetation are flooded.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I would checkout Putah creek near Davis. You can access the river at the UCD Raptor center. Also there is alot of carp in the section that runs through campus but its small with alot of foot traffic.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

nimbus has carp if u know where to look

I've heard Camp Far West has a nice infestation, but I've never targeted them...

_SHig

Was out the other day at camp far west bass fishing. Seen a few but didn't cast to them.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau