Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saying "Good Bye" for now.....April Fools..I'm sorry

Bill and Marilyn,

Thanks for running the best fly fishing shop in the Valley for all these years. Both you and your employees have been very helpful to me and I consider you friends. I'm sure Scott will continue to provide the friendly service to the fly fishing community that you have maintained. Enjoy your well earned retirement!

Jeff

P.S. We'll have to go fishing for shad before you leave.

Congratulations on your retirement, Bill!
    -JD

Default Best wishes

Bill and Marilyn:
    In the 6 years or so of lurking and posting on the Kiene board, I can only recall of one post that was a bit negative toward you. That was from someone who thought you were
    giving away fishing information. DUH! What business did he think you were in?
    I'm glad I had a chance (March) to stop by and visit the shop, finally.
    Hope you continue to keep us abreast of your ventures.
    Very best wishes,
    Larry S
    San Diego

thank you for providing a great shop and board Bill!!! Enjoy your retirement and post FL reports! I am sure that Scott will do a great job of carrying on what you have created.

Bill & Marilyn congratulations on a job well done and you deserve all the rewards. Thanks for the friendship and all of the help over the years. I hope all of the great e-mails will continue!

Best wishes.
    Fishing is always good, the catching may not be.

Thumbs up Retirement....

WOW!!! This is earth shattering stuff!!! I figured you'd go for another 2 or 3 years, but, I guess all of my contributions to your account have finally reached the point where you can make it.... At any rate, CONGRATS on a well earned retirement. the Florida "Gators" beckon/await.... If I'm any indicator, retirement is just too much of a good thing. Hope you and Marilyn enjoy many years of happiness, good health and wealth....

BTW, the shop will be in good hands. Scott is a stand-up guy....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Wow, is it a shock or just the reality setting in. I just got off the water here in La Paz. I went out for a couple hours on the La Paz side. Saw lot's of marlin but couldn't get any to eat. I knew sooner or later it would happen but I know you're going to enjoy retirement. It's a great feeling. You both deserve it and I wish you the very best. More time with the grand childern. I miss my 7 month old grand daughter. I'm talking on the phone to her but she can't figure out where "pa pa" is. I'm going to download skype so I can have some video.
    Is this the Scott V that I know who will now be stuck in a store instead of fishing

When is the big move offical move going to happen? Kiene's has been a name that has been around for a long time and will still be remembered. Damn, now I wish I could of attend the LAST Kiene's Fly Fair.

Bill, you and the boys will have to spend a week in La Paz, now that you don't have to rush back to work

Congrats on the retirement

Jay

I'd like to start off by saying thank you to those that have said good things about me. Overall things won't change but with a few exceptions. I am in the process of trying to buy out the karate stores lease agreement so we can expand into that area. The plans are to get the shop up to about 10,000 sf with the majority of it being all retail space. My hopes are to become the largest retail fly shop on the west coast and if things work out possible further expansion to be the biggest retail fly shop in the United States. I am also in the talks with various drift boat companies to try and become a exclusive dealer for here in California. You will continue to see the same old and young faces behind the counter, without them this could not go forward. The message board will remain the same except for one section, I will be having our webmaster remove the steelhead/salmon section. It is the only section of the message board that at times does get a little negative and I prefer to just remove it instead of banning members that post negative messages "which could include me". Once I have taken over the shop fully from Bill and Marilyn, whom will always be a permanent fixture in the store" we will have a huge re-grand opening. I hope everyone enjoys the changes and I look forward to not having to sit behind a desk anymore.

Thank you Bill for making this all possible.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Looking forward to visiting Billy and his new boat in Florida.

Holy cow - this is shocking. Good for you Bill but feel sad although from Scott's comments over time it sounds as though he's a real good guy. Best of luck to you and Marilyn and enjoy your retirement. I've been in a lot of shops over the west during the past 20 years and your's was always one of the premiere shops - take care.

Jason