Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saying "Good Bye" for now.....April Fools..I'm sorry

Bill, just want to congratulate and wish you and Marilyn the very best as you transition into this new phase where you get to fish every single day . . . in Florida no less. Knowing you, you'll still be on this Board every day, continuing to bless us with your observations, wisdom, and sage advice. And I know I'm one of many looking forward to seeing many fishing reports with pictures from you. Please keep us regularly posted on how you're doing and what you're fishing for.

Scott, I also congratulate and wish you the very best as well as you take on this new challenge. You have a very tough act to follow, but as others noted, you're a good man, which counts for a lot in my book. I sincerely hope your vision and plans succeed beyond your wildest dreams and that you find great fulfillment as you too move on to a grand new adventure.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Bill and Marilyn,

Let me add to the chorus of thank you's for your years of running a wonderful shop and message board. I found both before I moved to Sacramento six years ago and have been a loyal customer, daily lurker and occasional poster ever since. Bill and everyone in the shop have always been friendly and helpful and this great on line resource has led me to many friends and lots of great information. Scott has a hard act to follow.

Scott, I appreciate your ambition, but it sounds like you might have trouble spending all your summer Wednesday evenings on the Silver Fork this year.

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Wink Good Luck to you both...

Bill,

Thank you for the greatest fly shop in Northern California, all of your hard work paid off. My son and I will miss not seeing your smiling face when we come into the shop. You alway's made our visits fun when you where in the shop when we came in...

The best to you, and "ENJOY" your retirement. You deserve it.

FoothillFlyFisher
    Plymouth, Ca.
    Why is it we have to work so hard all week, to try and fish as much as we can in two days? That's just wrong!!!

I am in the "shocked boat" with everyone else. What a legacy youve created in the form of a great success in a very difficult industry, a very vibrant, healthy forum and being the absolute nicest guy I never met I wish you and Marylin the best. Retirement in Florida is what we all dream of. You lived your dream in your career and now in your post career. Looking forward to your continued contributions here!

Congrtulations Scott. You have stepped into a living, breathing business that was created and run well. Youve already got a huge customer base and that is awesome. I am sure it will continue to grow under your ownership. I also agree that the steelhead forum is vital to the flavor of this forum, especially with the sheer amount of great steelhead rivers enjoyed by the members here. The forum has had its moments, but theyre mere flesh wounds. The general forum is still very healthy. The entertainment value cannot be denied.

Best wishes to all!!

PS Will the Kiene name remain?

Bill,

Since my re-entry back into fly fishing you've been helpful, friendly, and a true resource.

I thank you, and wish you the best, from the bottom of my heart. You will be sorely missed, for sure.

When I first heard you were trying to sell the shop, I was a bit dismayed that I'd be losing such a asset so early on in my re-investment back into this sport. You were truly helpful.

Scott:

Best of luck. I'll continue patronizing the shop until such time that it's no longer warranted. I'm a big fan of the shop, and I hope that it continues along the path. Small business ownership is tough stuff, and I look forward to seeing if you continue Bill and Marilyn's winning ways.

I do hope you re-consider shutting down the salmon/steelhead board. That'd be a tremendous mistake starting out on that foot.

Just my honest opinion as a fairly good-sized Kiene's customer.

Best of everything to both of you on the venture in your lives. You have really run a class operation for years and have never forgot those that helped you in your early years.

Scott if you delete the salmon & steelhead section think that is a big MISTAKE. No more pictures of Oregon steelhead from this die hard Rogue flyfisherman.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Wow! Did this one knock me off my feet. Bill and Marilyn, you two are more than friends to me. Thanks for the opportunity to pursue my passion of tying flies and showcasing them in your shop. Scott seems like a very good fit. Good ventures to you and Marilyn, west coast loses, east coast wins this one.

Bob Scheidt

I have to put a stop to this. I think Bill thinks today is April 1st and not Cinco De Mayo. Here is how my day went, I got an email from one of the contractors that I work with asking me if it was true. I at the time had no idea what he was talking about, so he went on to tell me that Bill made a post saying he was selling the shop to me. Within minutes my email and text messages started going crazy with the same question. So I went on to the board and what do I see, but Bill being funny. So I call him up to find out what is going on and he was in the mood for a good laugh so I helped out. That is when you saw my post, being a project manager for an architect firm I knew how to state things to sound as real as possible. I was hoping the deleting of the steelhead board would have been a hint to my part of the joke. But alas that is not what happened, but instead is was an out pouring of pure kindness from everyone that is on this board. I had not been following for the day but now that I have seen where it is gone I had to say something. I feel bad that so many fell for what I thought was going to just be a good laugh. So I am hear to state that I am not buying the shop, as for if Bill sold it to someone that I do not know. The sentiments sent out by everyone touched me deeply and I will always feel that you are my 2nd family and that is something I would not want to ever lose. So please forgive me for any feelings that may become hurt, that was never the intention.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I was only fooling.......

I am sorry if I offended anyone.....just thought it would be funny, but maybe not?

Marilyn said if I sold the store I would go into a deep depression because no one would have to listen to my rambling.

Thanks 'Scott V' for going along with it, even if it was in bad taste.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

You dogs! Very well, back to my self-imposed seclusion.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.