Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Last night

Fished Goethe Park (Riverbend Park) on Sunday, 7AM - 930AM, 4 anglers visible, three of which were smarter than me and left within 15 minutes of arrival. Waited until sun was on the water - given the blustery morning.

No fish caught, no bites, nothing left on.

Quote Originally Posted by burl51 View Post
    My son lives in the el manto area some thieves broke into his
    jeep at 11 am saturday morning. took his backpack with over $150
    bucks worth of gear. These crackers just are not afraid od anything

Burl
    Sadly, this situation is only going to get worse..... These "crackers" are truly desperate lifeforms.... a real sad state of affairs.

Out last evening for a couple of hours with Andy shooting photos. Fishing was good, catching was not. Score: Shad 5, Jeff 0 (several missed grabs and 5 LDRs). I wish it would the weather would warm up a little.

KB,

Harrington was on fire two weeks ago, til about last Sunday, then it slowed down. If you go to RB/Goethe, do the bridge test.... Walk over the bridge, look down, if you see shad, have at em. A little tough at these flows since they usually hold on the edge of the clay banks on the west side. Tough to get close enough unless flows are under 4500 cfs. I did see a few schools passing through though before checking out Harrington, but Harrington is kind of tough to fish for the fly guys when there's a line up.

If you don't see shad go fish the runs below the bridge. I went out Thurs, missed once nice fish (half pounder), lost another. Saw a couple toads working the caddis too but it was kind of slower than I would've thought.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

9 last night. A couple of them were big hens. There was no one else out fishing (I'm not suprised because of the weather). There were some interesting dark clouds to the East.

Only 4 last night. The jump in flow to 7000 cfs has caused them to scatter. It should get good again in a day or two.

Wink

8 last night. Andy was out fishing and he caught his first shad on his switch rod. Heading out in a few minutes.

18 last night! Bloody Maria.

'Jeff C' fishes over 60 days a year for Shad, mostly wading in the "Lower A" with a Switch rod.

*We have his special fly, the "Bloody Maria" in stock this year @ Kiene's, thanks to Jeff's generosity.

** Other than fishing from an anchored boat, a longer rod like a Switch rod or smaller Spey rod is a definite advantage on our fairly large river here in Sacramento.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Tough evening last night. Only caught 1 and I did better than the other two guys I saw. Bruce and I did ok in the afternoon. I end up with 9 for the day.