Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Last night

Somehow using a switch rod on shad seems like using a salmon net to grab a goldfish?

Quote Originally Posted by kbarton View Post
    Most of the folks on this forum are a clique that shares very little info -

I suppose I'm many hideous things for cracking wise, but I'm still the only fellow that offered the nice man another spot to look at...

KB
    You're kidding, right?

12 posts in 6 years and you're complaining about others not providing help then pat yourself on the back?

Pardon me for saying so, but I think you are the definition of the clique you refer to.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Relax relax, you are both right, ok? Really...

This is the SHAD forum, the STEELHEAD forum is up higher in the list.

I think we should lambaste Guppy for sharing his sucess on the Sniffer before Kienes. But then again it was a gear rod..

P.S...you are alright Guppy, just using you as a diversion....

Question Cliques....

Maybe.... A clique on this BB is more of an amorphous blob the content of which changes by the hour/subject matter.... One of the items that has been bantered about on this and every other BB I've read is the sensitivity about posting specific locations on favorite places to fish.... Frankly, I don't really care whether anyone does that or not as it seems there's no place around any longer that doesn't appear on a map, in a book or on the "net" somewhere.

I don't mention certain places to fish for Trout, Steelhead, Salmon or some small Bass waters in the interest of keeping others favorite spots under the radar. Also, I don't report my results on much of the local stuff unless it will benefit a friend/guide or someone who wants me to do it. Seems like posting photo's/reports just attracts unwarranted criticism and/or negative comments. For me, other subjects are open season at all times. Others seem to do that as well....

If that makes a clique of members of this BB, so be it. There's no requirement to participate.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Question for Jeff C.

Hey Jeff, what kind of vehicle are you driving now? Just curious.

"Somehow using a switch rod on shad seems like using a salmon net to grab a goldfish?"
    Obviously, you've never used a 5/6 wt switch rod. You can hurl a fly a long ways with a switch rod.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyReelFisher View Post
    Relax relax, you are both right, ok? Really...

This is the SHAD forum, the STEELHEAD forum is up higher in the list.

I think we should lambaste Guppy for sharing his sucess on the Sniffer before Kienes. But then again it was a gear rod..

P.S...you are alright Guppy, just using you as a diversion....
    goodluck finding that shad picture on the sniffer haha

Default shad contest

Guppy:
    If you will PM me your name and address, I think we can consider you a winner
    in our recent "shad cam" contest - seeing as how you were the first to post
    a 2011 catch. I'll dig thru my books and come up with something.
    Best,
    Larry S

Quote Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
    goodluck finding that shad picture on the sniffer haha
    I give you props for your style, dont you get me wrong.

Greg: I've driving the same Lexus I've had for the last 11 years.

Last night report: Got one after the sun went down. Zero the night before. Guppy has been getting them every night up above me in the area I can't cast effectively.