Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Huge Oregon Steelhead

Default umqua stellhead

The photo is legit.The guide is Casey Melepsy,of Casey's guide service.It was 42 inches long and 22 inches around.He said it was over 26 lbs.Casey is a southern Oregon and Alaska guide.Anyone who knows or fished with Casey knows this is r
    the real deal,

Default BIG

Here's a link to a discussion of this on "spey pages."

http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/s...085#post349085

Larry S

Bottom line

Fish lives in a low gravity environement. I dont care if you think they are bulletproof. That "indentation" is right on the heart.

It should be illegal in all states to remove wild fish from the water.

But I feel many guides pimp resources for profit. Sorry, thats my OPINION.

If people are so worried about hurting fish then you should not be fishing at all. Holding a fish up compared to dragging it through the water with a hook stuck hopefully in the side of its mouth for who knows how long probably does more damage then just holding it up.

And whether the picture is real or fake you will personally don't know and by saying that it is fake you are calling the original poster a liar and that is just not cool. You do not know that person but yet you are able to make an assumption based strictly on a picture and nothing else, plus you give real fisherman a bad name by making those type of comments. Get over yourselves and go fish.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    You do not know that person but yet you are able to make an assumption based strictly on a picture and nothing else, plus you give real fisherman a bad name by making those type of comments. Get over yourselves and go fish.
    I think the conspiracies are in good nature. At least that is how I feel about it. And really, do you have to throw in the "give real fisherman" comment? Maybe you should take your own advice.

Wow, that is big! At first glance I thought it was photoshopped also. On the other boards no one else question weather the photo is real or not. Some are questioning that is was caught on the S. fork of the Umpqua as they can not recall the rapid in the back ground. Maybe it was the N. Umpqua and he doesn't want to divulge the exact location. Plus the guy is supposed to be tiny, 4' 10" tall, which would make the fish appear even larger. Maybe he should come out and defend his catch, ot not.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=357977

"Maybe you should take your own advice"
    I'm 100% with Speyfool about this.

Real fisherman do not go around trying to discredit people based on an assumptions. Real fisherman instead would congratulate someone on a good catch.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Real fisherman do not go around trying to discredit people based on an assumptions. Real fisherman instead would congratulate someone on a good catch.
    By your own definition, I guess that means that no one that responded in this thread is a real fisherman.

This is silly. Everyone should be able to express an opinion. The photo looks odd. (for me, it is the perfect vertical/horizontal line and resulting right angle at his neck line. That is not a normal artifact of a photo.) There is nothing wrong with saying something about it.

If people are so worried about hurting fish then you should not be fishing at all. Holding a fish up compared to dragging it through the water with a hook stuck hopefully in the side of its mouth for who knows how long probably does more damage then just holding it up.

And whether the picture is real or fake you will personally don't know and by saying that it is fake you are calling the original poster a liar and that is just not cool. You do not know that person but yet you are able to make an assumption based strictly on a picture and nothing else, plus you give real fisherman a bad name by making those type of comments. Get over yourselves and go fish.
    dude I think you need to go fish... fishermen aren't this sensitive

my .02
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010