Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Huge Oregon Steelhead

So, I am extremely familiar photoshop and use it a lot for my photography. I'd like to know what in this picture leads you to believe its shopped? Jealousy??

I think it's called haters disease, seems to affect this section of the site more than others . That's a nice looking fish!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    So, I am extremely familiar photoshop and use it a lot for my photography. I'd like to know what in this picture leads you to believe its shopped? Jealousy??

my first reaction was also photo-shopped - that otherwise looks like a record steelhead. With a fish that large and heavy I would expect his hand at the rear of the fish to make a much bigger indentation?

If not, that is a truly magnificent fish and wild!!!

Hard to say for sure on the Photoshop, but I'm with Rick (and others). For reference here's a smaller fish, about half the weight of the reported fish, and note the displacement of the fishes body around the hands supporting the fish. Plus, by the way the angler appears to be holding the fish near the tail, (note the hand nearest the tail is lower than the other hand), there is very little displacement.

Exclamation Humongous....

I'm not a photo-shop guy but I can't say I agree that the grip on that fish would cause a greater indentation in the fishs' flesh. If that fish was pickded up from the water, immediately photo'd, with muscles flexed, it may've been struggling to escape and not limp. We're guessing as to what actually happened or was photographed....

I'd like to think that Steelhead that big can still be caught in the continental USA....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

No jealousy, just skeptical, the photo does not look natural for that big of a fish. A trophy that big should have a few more photos. If it is real, kudos.

Looks like a poor quality photo, almost like a camera phone. Could it be pixelated do to camera phone, blown up, or shopped?? Any how , no matter what it is, that is still a toad. Congrats!!

I hate to say it, but that looks fake to me. Actually, what looks fake is the image portion immediately above the fish and the guy's head. The transition from fish to river is not natural, and neither is the guy's head. Not sure what else is real or fake.

And I agree, you catch a steelhead like that, there's going to be more that one photo floating around.

I have pictures that show fish 15-25lbs being held and they look nothing like that. Way too rigid and no strain holding 25+lbs straight out from his body.
    Last edited by WinterrunRon; 05-03-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

That picture is not a fake. Angler has very small hands.

It was caught with an adobe fly, on photo filament line, with editor hackle

.......and they never landed on the moon