Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge Oregon Steelhead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Huge Oregon Steelhead

Caught on the Umpqua.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bilde.jpg 
Views:	1136 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	2941  

Exclamation Huge....

WOW!!!! Huge is right!!! That thing should've been a Salmon....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

O M effing G...that thing is unreal

That looks like a pretty big fish. I hate to be the guy to say it but I sure wonder how much the organs of the fish are bruised from having the hand in there with all tye weight pushing down. That dimple is how you can tell he Is not just holding it out real far, there is some good weight there. But I also think the heart isn't too far from that point...

That things huge! Any details on this catch?

These fish travel up 100s of miles of wild river conditions. Theyre way more durable than people give them credit. I couldnt think of a safer way to hold a fish other than keeping it in the water.

Default TOAD

Thats one big toad for sure!! I would like to know what the measurements on that was.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    That things huge! Any details on this catch?

These fish travel up 100s of miles of wild river conditions. Theyre way more durable than people give them credit. I couldnt think of a safer way to hold a fish other than keeping it in the water.
    http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...OREGONOUTDOORS

Side drifting is way deadly. But it's not FLYFISHING just like bobberdawging
    glo-bugs and beads isnt either.

my first reaction was also photo-shopped - that otherwise looks like a record steelhead. With a fish that large and heavy I would expect his hand at the rear of the fish to make a much bigger indentation?

If not, that is a truly magnificent fish and wild!!!

Hard to say for sure on the Photoshop, but I'm with Rick (and others). For reference here's a smaller fish, about half the weight of the reported fish, and note the displacement of the fishes body around the hands supporting the fish. Plus, by the way the angler appears to be holding the fish near the tail, (note the hand nearest the tail is lower than the other hand), there is very little displacement.

Exclamation Humongous....

I'm not a photo-shop guy but I can't say I agree that the grip on that fish would cause a greater indentation in the fishs' flesh. If that fish was pickded up from the water, immediately photo'd, with muscles flexed, it may've been struggling to escape and not limp. We're guessing as to what actually happened or was photographed....

I'd like to think that Steelhead that big can still be caught in the continental USA....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown