I've been fishing it on and off from a power boat and a kayak a few days a week here and there. Fishing has been good overall if I had to rate it and assign a word I'd say Good. So-So would be 0-20 fish landed. Good would be 30-40-50 fish landed). Great(as good as it gets) would be me landing 70-80-100+ fish days.

Fishing has been what you basically can expect for this time of year pre-spawn fishing. Fish have moved from the deep water haunts a few weeks ago and are moving up and down the west shore and dago / popcorn running shallow to around 30 feet deep. Some days they are deeper than others. Sometimes we find them very shallow, sometimes we find them off the dropoff 20-30 feet deep. They move in and out as they run up and down the beaches. Some days better than others as is typical for this time of year. I've been doing better from the big boat than the kayak as we can move around more and cover more water effectively and efficiently than I can with the kayak. It's a big lake and fish are all over right now. We find pods of fish all over. And if we can find fish as close to home as possible we will fish them rather than burn gas. But if we have to run we will run the boat. The more water I can cover the more fish I can catch so I jump on my buddies boat when ever he can get out. With the kayak I am limited to a smaller area let's say a mile of water and if there aren't fish in there at the moment then I can't run down to dago or popcorn or Indian head or the east side where have you...where the fish are for the moment. I am stuck where I am so that makes it a little harder.

From the kayak my best has been a tad over 40 fish landed on the 4wt/floater stripping bugs with fish anywhere from 16" to around 8/9 pounds. I/We haven't been banging many large fish this spring(last 4 weeks) so far. Last big fish was 14 and change and that was a few weeks ago and my buddy hooked and landed that Big Red which was a winter fish in deeper water. I landed a nice one deep a few weeks ago over 13 and had a monster break me off right at the net on the 6wt my buddy estimated to be well over 14. Oh well, I've caught plenty of bigguns and there will be more. We've been finding fish anywhere from 30 feet deep to as shallow as 3 feet. I had a nice day last week with the 4wt/ floating line stripping minnows, dragon fly nymphs, and generics in water 4-8 feet deep. That's what I am after. We are now fishing floating lines more and stripping bugs with the 6wt and 4wt rather than the heavy sinking line and the 8wt shooting head. We don't need the 8wt anymore and the lighter lines are much more fun and offer a better feel and fight than the heavy sinkers. Less missed strikes too.

We don't get stupid crazy about color or pattern. We just throw stuff at them. They eat it. Minnows, dragonfly nymphs, generics, wooly buggers, foam dragons. Black or white it doesn't matter. We don't care, they don't care.