Thread: Free Spey demo by Beulah Rod Company Rep

Default Free Spey demo by Beulah Rod Company Rep

Beulah Demo Afternoon
    Friday, April 22, 2011

Join Bryce Tedford, our local Beulah rep, for an opportunity to cast Beulah rods and lines. They'll be available to test drive at the Gristmill access on the Lower American River from 2-7pm.

Note: This is contingent on river levels cooperating.

Call our shop and ask for Aaron for more info:

local 916/486-9958

toll free 800/400-0359
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Anyone interested in trying out nice casting, well constructed rods aught not miss this.

Beulah makes a 6/7 11.5ft classic spey rod with a matching Elixir 380 grain scandi line that I use for just about everything other than heavy winter fishing. Strong butt, super fast tip sends the scandi line out there like a laser.

I have a 13'2" 7wt with matching Tonic 500 Skagit line that casts and fishes very well. Light, crisp, well made, quality construction, affordable. It's their best seller.

I didn't care for the 12'4" 8wt, too stiff and fast for me, but their new 13'8" casts the rodent sized flies using a Compact 600 with ease if you need more rod! If you're headed north for big water, I can't imagine needing anything more.

They also make a 12'6" 6wt that should be popular for CA waters.

Bryce has been kind enough to meet me at Sailor's Bar on a couple of occasions and I've test casted these rods and we mixed/matched some different lines to see what worked and what didn't.

I think he'll also have some switch rods to demo.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Thanks Ron

Also Bryce Tedford guides on the Rogue River for Steelhead with an emphasis on Spey.

Helping Bryce out Friday are two top guides:

Zac Kauffman, veteran guide & fishing program manager @ Morrison's Lodge on the Rogue River.

http://www.morrisonslodge.com/

And top guide Brian Slusser, Four Season Fly Fishing Guide Service , out of Truckee, CA.

http://www.flyfishingtruckee-tahoe.com/

**Many of us at Kiene's go in October to Morrison's Lodge and these are three of their guides.

These guys are the real deal and you can have them help you learn something about Spey casting for free.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Spey & Switch Rod Fun, Come One Come All

Hello all, Bryce Tedford here with Beulah Fly Rods & Fly Lines,

Wanted to invite any & all(any other companies are welcome too) to a fun afternoon of Spey & Switch rod emphasis(definately not limited to two handed rods, bring anything, just come). Also, any other rods & line combos are welcome, we just want to have a fun event.

Myself, Beulah & few other guides will be at GRISTMILL ON FRIDAY THE 22ND(DAY BEFORE KIENES EXPO & FREE BBQ) FROM 2PM-7PM. BEULAH FLY RODS WILL HAVE ALL OF ITS SPEY & SWITCH RODS AVAILABLE TO CAST WITH MATCHING TONIC & ELIXIR LINES.

We just want to get people out using products on the water & hope you can join us, please tell your friends, please talk it up, should be a good time.
    Excited to see you any & all!