Thread: 14 pound Cuttroat on Saturday

Default 14 pound Cuttroat on Saturday

I was hosting a club outing on Satruday when one of the Club Members (Indaian Head Fly Fishers From Idaho) Caught and released this monster. We also got a 12 pounder an hour later. They were having a contest for biggest fish. Can you imagine catching a 12 pound shaker? Anyway the lake has been fishing really well. There are a few new techniques that have been hard to beat. It is really interesting to see one or two anglers on a crowded beach out fish everyone else. Everyone seems to think Pyramid is an easy fishery. Hats off to those who adapt and adjust. Good luck to everyone over the next month or so it should be great! The big fish are rolling in for sure.

Cutthroat is the correct spelling sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.5 Pounder April 2nd 2011 (2).jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	2828  
    Last edited by Bull_Dog; 04-06-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Spelled the tittle wrong

That is the real deal..........

Anything over 10 pounds up there is a big deal.

They are a very unusual looking fish.

Years ago we traditionally went up to Pyramid Lake in the winter.

I caught one about 12 pounds back in the 1970s by "strolling".

It was storming in February and everyone was hooking fish with the dark day and big wind. We had no ladders in those days so being short I had to jump every time a wave broke over me.

The guys to my left were always going back to the shallows landing fish so after I cast I started "strolling" down their way dragging in my fly and I hooked up a nice one.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

That is a very nice looking cutthroat....was that one caught on the new technique?? I heard that a double floating beetle on a sinking shooting head was catchng some fish.

What is this new technique? Are you willing to share?
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I fished it with a friend the last two days. Tuesday the wind was from the north and I got knocked off my ladder twice by 3' breakers. Yesterday started off clear and flat and turned into 40+mph winds straight offshore (w) at the north nets. Fishing was fair. We fished one full day and one 1/2 day and caught 51 fish. All cookie cutter 20-23" fish. Never saw one big fish caught. The lineup at the North nets yesterday had 42 anglers in the line.

I will not return as this was not my idea of fun fishing. Had to try it once tho.

We were fishing next to Chris, Bulldog and their clients on Saturday. The fishing was pretty remarkable. We also had 2 over 10lbs, just not as big as theirs. I spent 7 days on the lake and caught 1 more fish on sat than my total for the 1st six days BobK

That is a great fish Rob!Nice work buddy!

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"