Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: South Fork Trinity help

Hey Ron,
    After some big rains, some of the smaller, coastal watersheds are the first to clear and come into shape. I don't know if the SFT would be fisheable. It's a helluva long drive from anywhere just to see MUD. But, it's a cool crick. Good luck if ya go.

Mike
    Eat it. Eat it. Simon says EAT IT!!!

Thanks, Mike.

The only window of opportunity to fish was today or is tomorrow. I know today wouldn't be fishable just about everwhere, except Smith and Chetco.
    But I just couldn't get out the door last night to make the trip work with the timing of the weather fronts. I didn't know about the upper SFT since I've never been. Tuesday night through Wednesday night another round of big rain. So no fishing for me likely until I leave on Monday morning.

I've got to get out and cast to a fishable water soon. I'm done trying all my different line/rod combinations; the flooded parking lot is getting old!
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Talking

WinterRun

I fish upriver quite a bit... but I can't help you out on the SFT. Just don't really see the big deal in giving some helpful general info to fellow members. However, I have heard rumors there's nutjobs with guns and mountain lions running everywhere on the SFT these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerHeeler View Post
    WinterRun

I fish upriver quite a bit... but I can't help you out on the SFT. Just don't really see the big deal in giving some helpful general info to fellow members. However, I have heard rumors there's nutjobs with guns and mountain lions running everywhere on the SFT these days.
    Nothing worse than a nutjob with a mountain lion.
    Eat it. Eat it. Simon says EAT IT!!!

Helpful General info= get a Streamtime Map

Priceless info: hundreds of dollars spent on gas and many hours of time, figuring out water levels and run timing. That dosebt go online for the general public.

Talking smack dosent make you end up in someones good graces.

And its all pointless because every time I find something and think Im on it, Langenbeck goes and post a photo from where Im at. And it gets a lot busier real quick. Not throwing Gordon under the bus....just saying.