Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Fork Trinity help

Question South Fork Trinity help

Anyone have any experience with it? I've never been there but have always wanted to. I'm in the exploring mood and looking for swing water.

Every river within 5 hours drive is toast. Can't make the Smith or Chetco work, not enough time. But a break in weather on Monday and Tuesday, I was hoping it would come into shape and fishable Tuesday.

Down from 16k cfs to7k cfs in last 3 days.

Any insight?
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Default Trinity River

Ron,

I can't help you with the current river condition on the Trinity but give the guys at The Fly Shop a call and they usually have current conditions. As of about two weeks ago I heard it was fishing well and that doesn't help you today. I can tell you the Sac, at Red Bluff, was running very high and totally blown out, tons of drift wood was coming down. The Sac is running higher than I have seen it in few years, about a 100 yards more and I can fish off my back deck.

Default SF Trinity

Hey Ron.....

Don't bother with the SF. At 7000cfs it's completely blown and very big and muddy. It won't fish for a while.

I've never fished it, but I drive over it alot on the way up the highway. When fishable, it looks like a great river. I've often thought about giving it a shot too. I've never inquired about the run it gets though. No idea how many fish or the timing of the SF run. Maybe someone else will chime in with some info.....Should be all wild fish though.

You are asking questions that shouldnt be asked and most certainly wont be answered on this forum. LOl I would call Herb Burton or Mike at the eureka fly shop.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn kempkes View Post
    You are asking questions that shouldnt be asked and most certainly wont be answered on this forum. LOl I would call Herb Burton or Mike at the eureka fly shop.
    What are you talking about "shouldn't be asked and most certainly won't be answered on this forum?"

Asked and answered by my new best friend, Jeff! W
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

1) Shawn is right, partly.

2) Herb probably wont tell you anything, and Mike's tale will be full of lore.

3) It's game over, move on.

Default Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and More Shhhhh

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....shhhhhhhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by yFly10 View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....shhhhhhhhhh.....
    A member for 6 months, probably has been getting helpful information off this site as a non-member for years, 2 posts and one of them is... Shhhhhhhh?

Wow, thanks for the contribution. Actually, I have a thought that starts with Sh.

Welcome to the board.

Thanks Jeff and NCL, for your effort to actually be helpful.

Trying to get information in regards to anything that has to do with steelheads from this board or most any board is going to be next to impossible. Steelheaders as they call themselves are tight lipped.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Default LURKER out of the Closet

Stay positive Winterrunn, I think the others post's are trying to tell you something. Sorry if you are offened by a Shh, it was meant as a . good job on the background check on me too. I'm a "LURKER" in your crazy online web message world. Thanks for all the insight. Sorry for the negative comment.