Hey guys! I have appreaciated all your help in the past, and I am grateful for the knowledge that resides here. I am heading to Oregon in 1 month to hit the Rogue and the North Umpqua for some late winter steelheading. I have a guide for a couple days and he has given me some advice on what kind of line I need (for an 8wt rod). The only problem is that I don't have any experience in shooting heads, sink tips, sinking lines. I am not sure what to buy, how to rig it up and what the different numbers are. He suggested T-12 or T-14 or Type IV through XIII...ummmm...say what? I assume that T-12 was suppose to be T-11 and along with T-14 are RIO shooting heads (correct?). So if I get that in 30ft sections, what do I connect it to? I assume it's not directly to backing. I went to Orvis over the weekend and they had sinking link that was Type V, but nothing all the way up to Type XIII. They did have some stuff called depth charge...but I can't afford to pick up 3-4 different lines at $79 a pop...ouch!! So, all you veteran, crazy, awesome steelhead dudes (and dudettes)...if I had enough to purchase one, maybe two lines, what would I need? Thanks...it's still so foreign to me!

Schurmo