Shawn is right on with the honey hole thing. When I first started steelheading 4yrs ago, I fished the inside seam below the chute, and it produced everyday i fished it. It slowed down the next yr and now I sometimes pass it up for better holding water. Not that it isnt great holding water, cuz I came across that on anyother river id fish it damn hard, but they are just not holding there like they used too.

I guess your right 2 fish isnt bad, especially being 2 wild steelhead. Just that I hoped for better numbers, over all good day hooking 5, just wished we could have landed one of those big freshies that we hooked.

Here is the thing with honey holes, they change all the time. Not as much as daily, but I would say weekly to bi-weekly, as fish move, the holes move, as fresh fish move in they hold in different holes and slots. With these higher flows its really all about seams. Seams closer to the bank have been better for me, as well as my clients. But also those in the middle off the river too. Dont forget with these higher flows those fish will need to rest after a hard push up those faster chutes and riffles. Target these areas hard. They are there and you have a better chance hooking them up top of the chute than down below.