Thread: Orvis store

Default Orvis store

This could completely backfire for me, but worth a chance. The orvis store in Santana Row has recently posted a few positions available. I'm an out of work locksmith that is looking for a change and would love to work in the fishing business.

If you guys and gals know anybody who works there.. put in a good word for me. Just say "there's a really nice guy named Sam who frequents the forum and needs a job."

Default job

Good luck, Sammy. Hope it works out for you.
    Best,
    Larry S

No shame in working at Orvis. There used to be a couple of knowledgable guys working in FFing department. I havent seen them around lately but I dont go that often. Since its the only place in the south bay to get FFing stuff (I often wonder why they dont take advantage of that fact) I dont think you have much choice.

If you are looking for any other part time retail stuff PM me.

Good luck
    Jason

Cool

Good luck with the change Sam,

I worked for the big " O " once upon a time, as did another member of this board PGW.

If they hired us, you're in!

Best, Dave

They don't have a Fishing Manager right now, Steve Slater was the manager but now it is Marlene.
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E. View Post
    Good luck with the change Sam,

I worked for the big " O " once upon a time, as did another member of this board PGW.

If they hired us, you're in!

Best, Dave
    As Dickens wrote, "...it was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

That translates to: Teaching fishing and shooting schools, retail sales at Christmas.

Paul
    Last edited by pgw; 03-04-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: edit

hahaha! thanks guys. Yeah retail doesn't bother me too much. It just seems like something I would enjoy doing. Locksmithing was fun, but I find that every older locksmith I meet is pissed off at the world. Not sure why, but I don't want to end up like that.

Ah well.... I'll let you know what happens. I have a feeling I'm not qualified enough for the position as I'm not into hunting.

Dont worry about it, most of the people who work there are not into hunting. Talk up your posatives and down play your negatives. People often forget that a good resume, even for an entry level position will go a long way. Good luck.

I've worked retail for a long time now and I love it. Believe in what you are selling and your job will be a lot easier.

Jason