Thread: Lower Kings info

Default Lower Kings info

Has anyone fished the Lower Kings recently? I see that the flows are near 80 cfs. Are these flows too low for decent fishing? I'm thinking about going tomorrow for the first time, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

From what I've heard that is a decent flow for that river. If it has changed drastically in the past few days it will likely put the bite off. That, and the water temp is probably very very cold, which won't help either.

Don't wear any blue or red colors and you should be able to stay out of trouble with the locals

Painless, I haven't been on the river in a while, but 80 ft is a good flow. Supposed to be a storm this weekend though. I did well the last time I was there. Later in the afternoon the BWO's came out which made the fish happy.

Default Lower Kings

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Painless, I haven't been on the river in a while, but 80 ft is a good flow. Supposed to be a storm this weekend though. I did well the last time I was there. Later in the afternoon the BWO's came out which made the fish happy.
    Effective 3/1/11, the Lower Kings release is 3000 CFS for at least 14 days; that's probably it for the season.
    Robert