Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch your back .....

Exclamation Watch your back .....

.... if you're fishing the Port or Deepwater Channel out in West Sacramento !

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2010/...st-sacramento/

Big Kitty , probably tired of eating House Cats and Chihuahuas by now .....

D.~

Wow.....

I think there are more Mountain Lions around than we think.

Very sneaky cats..........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Will have to add that to the list of advantages of having a craft that will get you out on the water.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Funny story -

I was fishing Miners Ravine back in the late-1990's , couldn't shake the feeling of being watched . Figured it was a homeless person , or a transient camped-out somewhere in the bush (pretty common) . The Bass and Sunnies were biting well , and I fished for 5 hours but couldn't quite figure out why I felt so strange .....

I fished my way down to where the hole is in the cliff and paused to re-tye my leader . As I sat down on a sandbar , I noticed the tracks(I knew what made them right off the bat) - they were friggin' BIG ! Having no better plan in mind , I started singing and making lots of noise and started my way back to the put in point .

Late that night - the Roseville Police found a large Male Lion just off Douglas Blvd. and I-80 , in the parking lot of a shopping center - DFG showed up and tranquilized him . Cat was relocated to the Sierras , and was shot by DFG? less than a year later for killing livestock .

D.~

Sounds like your animal instincts are in fine order. I don't think I would have sang though . . . . too much risk of lion attacking me just to end that misery.
    -- Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker View Post
    Sounds like your animal instincts are in fine order. I don't think I would have sang though . . . . too much risk of lion attacking me just to end that misery.
    LMAO !!

Don't think He'd wanna eat anything that sounded like me .

D.~

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    LMAO !!

Don't think He'd wanna eat anything that sounded like me .

D.~
    I don't know . . . me giving the impression of being severely diseased might not be such a good thing.
    Last edited by Hairstacker; 02-11-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    -- Mike

Default puma story

Good story for the campfire, David! Were they Cat Stevens songs or maybe "Eye
    of the Tiger?" Bringing back a short hunting season on them might actually be good for the
    mountain lions. Give them reason to avoid close contact with humans.
    Larry S

Cats abound. Here's one that strolled by the house. Wish we had more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera trap 2010  20791.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	2563  

Had a close encounter with a mountain lion one time coming back from half dome. Had been up since 5am rock climbing half dome. Went up the snake dike route. Came down the the death slab route to the trail the goes by Mirror lake at the back of the valley. I was dead tired was lagging back about 100 feet behind my buddy (charles). It was really calm about 7pm and dusk. I was walking slow due to exhaustion when I felt this thing run behind me. I felt the wind on the back of my neck and arms when it passed. Then the brush off the right side of the trail. Ran up to my buddy yelling to wait up and told him something ran right behind me. Of course he call BS!! Then up ahead on a hill about five feet off the trail was a mountion lion. He was crouched down like he was waiting for me to pass then jump on my neck. Charles said "what the should we do" and i said "throw rocks and yell And so we did almost smacked the guy with a good size rock screaming and yelling choice words. Alot of good fun and he took off. Came back two more times one on the left side then back to the right. Both times sticks and rocks and choice words. Scared the you know what out of me.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau