Thread: Water suggestions

Default Water suggestions

I was able to get a precious day off next week and will be traveling from Yreka to Reno. Route will be Hwy 5/89 through McCloud/44 through Susanville to 395. Any suggestions on water to fish?

Thanks all!

Ribs

Default Upper Sac?

It wouldn't even be more than a couple of minutes out of your way.

I can't speak to the snow levels up there as I haven't been this winter, but the railroad tracks give pretty easy access to the entire river. I've had great success there in the winter (not this winter, yet) nymphing and even caught a few on dries.

The really great thing about this river in winter is that while it may be crowded in the summer, you won't see another soul in the water right now and the fish don't leave. From Dunsmuir on up should be pretty nice - flows by the lake are at 870 and dropping, so up high it's probably quite doable. I might have just convinced myself to go this weekend.

Call Bob Grace at Ted Fay and he'll give you the scoop.

(530) 235 2969

if the flows are good i would say fish the upper sac on your way down to redding then head to susanville from redding. if time permits you may be able to fish the upper sac and the lower sac before heading out.