Quote Originally Posted by bigfly View Post
Not to hijack...
Lol, don't worry Jim, I think this thread has long since been 'jacked . Actually I've been watching the debate with some interest, despite the fact that most of this thread has little to do with my original question. It has been a bit informative, although I feel a bit sorry that I accidentally stirred up such a hornets nest... as that was never my intention.

I have to say it has stirred up some strong sentiment on my part as well about public access issues. I'll keep them out of this debate, as I really know nothing personally about this specific river and it's issues. On the "guide bashing" however, I'm in complete agreement with Jim on this. Most guides do tend to be overall great stewards, and representatives of our sport and our rivers. Of course they tend to have higher catch rates than most, and therefore when I see guide reports of 20-30 fish days I usually just drop the zeros on those numbers, cross my fingers, and head out to see what the river has to teach me...

I wish that I had some fish pics to change the tone of this thread a bit... but alas, I'm snowed in with no fishing on the radar for a bit