Thread: 2011 Dec Hogan Class

Default 2011 Dec Hogan Class

For the fourth year, we will have Dec Hogan present his one day class on Spey Casting and Fishing. The dates this year will be March 19th and 20th. Each class will be limited to six students and run from 9 am to 3 pm. Dec will give individual casting instruction to each student in the morning and then give on the water fishing techniques in the afternoon. This class is designed for casters that have some experience with the two hand rod and not beginners with zero casting practice. Bring your favorite two hand rod with a floating line. Since we will be casting on the water, bring a pair of waders. The cost of the class includes lunch and an opportunity to watch Dec tie a pattern or two at Kiene's Fly Shop on Saturday night. The price of the class has not changed in the four years: $250.00 per student. For registration, send an email to: hatcrek@comcast.net. We can take checks, Visa, or Master Card.
    Thanks,
    Terry

If you haven't gotten the chance to join one of these classes, I highly recommend doing so. Dec has forgotten more about all things spey/steelhead than most of us will ever know. I would jump on a spot early as it always sells out.

Default Great Instructor

Take this class! Dec can not only teach spey casting but can educate you on steelhead behavior like no other! I'm working up north during the dates otherwise I'd be there too. JP
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

I was in Dec's class last year and I picked up more great tips from Dec too.

Dec guided Steelhead with Spey rods in the Northwest for over 20 years.

Dec's book, "A Passion for Steelhead" is filled with great info too.

**I am very lucky because I have gotten help for my Spey casting/fishing from Spey pros like Jeff Putnam, Simon Gawesworth, Dec Hogan, Mike McCune, Jason Hartwick and Bryce Tedford.

Now all I have to do is practice and fish more........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

A quick FYI to anyone on the fence about signing up, please get it in touch soon as we only have a week left for registration so that the necessary arrangements can be made.

Dec had to reschedule his classes back to the weekend of March 26th and 27th. We have filled Saturday the 26th, however, we do have openings on Sunday the 27th.
    Terry