Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English Plastic Fly Boxes!!!

Default English Plastic Fly Boxes!!!

After years of searching, I've finally located plastic fly boxes with the pedigree that makes them suitable for fly fishing -- made in England!

And stackable to boot:

Yes, these are single compartment boxes that measure 4" x 3" x 1.5" and are made out of the same soft plastic that Plano uses for its boxes but, hey, these don't come from China or Taiwan or any other place that makes them worthless. Unfortunately, at only $1.79 each from Staples, they aren't priced at the requisite high price necessary to make them even more desirable but that's a minor quibble.

If you've frequented bulletin boards as long as I have, you know that any fly fishing-associated gear made in England is superior regardless of actual design or function. Moreover, folks who profess to buying only "Made in USA" gear make an inexplicable but notable exception for gear manufactured in England. So, these should be just the ticket!

No need to thank me, happy to be of service.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Question Fly Boxes....

Fly Boxes They look like a good box for your impeccable deer hair bugs.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Ok Darian, you got me there, they aren't really fly boxes. But they could be.
    -- Mike

Hey plastic tiffins!

Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Hey plastic tiffins!
    Au contraire, these do not lock together into a single-carry unit. That would have been a nice feature, though. . . .
    -- Mike

Wink

Bloody snob .....

D.~

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    Bloody snob .....

D.~
    hee, hee, hee.
    -- Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker View Post
    Au contraire, these do not lock together into a single-carry unit. That would have been a nice feature, though. . . .
    I come back here after 2 years to see what's exciting my old mates at the cutting edge of fly fishing technology and it's... $1.79 plastic boxes!

Henceforth you shall be known as Boxstacker!

Hope you're all doing good.

Cheers

Mike
    Bass Buggin' - Bad for the heart: Good for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenewman View Post
    I come back here after 2 years to see what's exciting my old mates at the cutting edge of fly fishing technology and it's... $1.79 plastic boxes!

Henceforth you shall be known as Boxstacker!

Hope you're all doing good.

Cheers

Mike

Ah , Newman . I see you've survived Bass withdrawals .

Torture any Pike on top yet ? Horrify the locals by fishing Browns w/ your 8 wt. and Deer-hair Mice ??

Good to see you're alive -

D.~

Hey Dave

By day I fish the crystal streams and mountain lakes of my native Wales for wild and feisty brownies.

But at night I pitch deer hair monstrosities into impossible tullie pockets - with uncanny skill and accuracy, I might add.

When I sold my boat and drove away from the dock for that last time, I knew was leaving behind the most challenging, rewarding and exhilarating fishing environment it has ever been my privilege to experience. Haven't got over it: never will.

But there ya go - after all, fishing isn't everything, is it?

Is it?

Mike
    Bass Buggin' - Bad for the heart: Good for the soul.