Thread: Lamson Konic

Default Lamson Konic

I've been looking at possibly purchasing one of these reels, but the fact it is a die cast aluminum reel worries me a little. Anyone have one of these reels or heard of any problems?

I have hardy perfects that are close to a hundred years old. That are die cast. A reel being machined is just good marketing IMHO.
    The konic is a great reel for the budget minded person. Spend a little more and get the guru
    if it really bothers you

I was going to buy a Konic but found a good deal on a used velocity. Same exact drag system. The Konic is a solid reel. I have looked at it up close and the workmanship shows despite being die cast. I doubt you will be disappointed.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

The Waterworks "Guru" is their lowest priced fully machined reel at around the $200 price point.

They are so popular that they can run completely out of them at any moment.

At around $200 and made in the USA and anodized and fully machined from bar stock alloy and with a sealed drag system they are hard to beat.

http://waterworks-lamson.com/products/lamson-guru/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Lamson Konic is a great reel. Had it now for about two years and never had a problem. Been dropped several times and never noticed any difference. Light weight with a great drag, and cheap. Highly recommended.

Considering that a lot of reels are well over $300 and all they really do is hold the line on the rod, the $150 (or less) for the konic is worth it.
    >>>
    >>>

"No. I uh... I put... uh... Why, you buying?"
    -Roy Munson

http://www.sac-sierratu.org/

Default konic

I use Konic and Radius for my striper setups and I love them... I actually perfer the Radius because of the lighter weight and look. No issues with either though. Great company IMO.