Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stinson Beach surf action

Default salt

Scott, Thank you for the post. It was nice talking to you at the shop today. I hope to make it out to the coast soon. Paul

Question Surf Flies....

BillB,.... Suggest you look at:

www.fliflicker.com

www.fliesunlimited.com

www.flyfishthesurf.com

There're some good surf patterns on Mark Won's website but I don't have the URL. Ken Hanley's books, Fly Fishing Afoot In The Surf Zone and Fly Fishing The Pacific Inshore. I can't recall Ken's website URL either.... (it's hell getting older....ish )
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

http://surf-perch.net/

Mark Won's site.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Thanks for the report Scott! I'd like to see the fly as well. It looks as if my trip to the Northern coast is put off til later in the year.....but....I'll be in Morro this Mon morn thru Wed, then LBC, then who knows! love this salt stuff!!

Wow, when you look at the #'s on Mark Won's site it looks like the productivity has really dropped off during the time he has been tracking his catch.

Is surf-perch fishing kind of like everything else in the last few years?

Kraig
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Thanks for the locations. I also came up with one that is basically a small derivative of a olive flashtail clouser but has a bright orange collar. A few years back Britt Phillips tied a mole crab pattern using chamois for the soft shell. He was gracious enough to show me how to tie them. Impressive, maybe I can post a pic.